WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

May 11, 2007

Mass Production




I was over on Debbie Olsen's blog (Thinking Inking) the other day & she had a post there on Mass Producing a card. I chuckled when I read where she had written "Mass" is a 4-letter word! - I also sympathized with her because I too am in the midst of a Mass produced project right now.




My niece asked me if I could make some invitations for her boyfriend's parent's 25th Wedding Anniversary party. She is helping to throw the party for them as a surprise. Originally she asked for 35 invites which didn't seem like that many at the time. Then she changed it up to 50 & wouldn't you know it I picked a card that while fairly easy also had a lot of different little steps.


Can you believe that yesterday I pierced all those little hole in all 50 circles! It's a wonder I didn't get a blister on my thumb. I have really delicate & thin skin (especially on my hands) so it's easy for me to get blisters. I'm just glad I didn't.


The cards are coming along but I still have a ways to go before they are completed.

The card is pretty basic but I love it & best of all my niece did too.


I borrowed the French Flair Background & Carte Postal sets from one of the ladies in my stamp club since I didn't purchase it.


For this card I went with Whisper White & Brushed Silver card stock. The original card I did to show my niece used the Shimmery White paper but that would have cost her a bundle for 50 cards so we went with the (WW) card stock instead. I stamped all the images with Dew Drop Starlite Silver Ink. The Circle was also edged in the silver as well as the "flourish" (Autumn Leaves). Everything was layered with dimensional tape. If you have any questions on how this card was put together feel free to e-mail me and asked.


Also a big thanks to Kendra for the idea for my layout. You'll find it under her entry, (I'm not MIA).


I thought you might want to also see a photo of some of the mass production line on my stamping area as well. I've been trying to figure out today how to move photo's around on my blog but so far haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong (if anyone knows could you give me a heads up). So for now they are staying where they are.
Off to finish cleaning up after my stamp club meeting I held last night. Have a good day. Ida




3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card, Ida! But good grief what a lot of work! I can see why they liked it - it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete