WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 20, 2007

Bingo Challenge


Sorry for not posting for a few days. I've had a rather stressful week. It's a long story but suffice it to say that I had an unexpected problem occur when I went to the doctor this week for a bad sinus/upper respiratory problem. They discovered a problem on my chest x-ray totally unrelated and I had to have a CT scan done. So far "no news" on the outcome of the tests. They always say, "no news is good news" so I'm thinking postitive on that aspect.


Anyway over at: http://poeticartistry.blogspot.com/ there is the COOL game of Bingo going on. If you post a card using the sketch of the day extra bingo numbers are called so I thought why not!


This is my card for today's sketch. I used one of the new Hostess sets coming up in Stampin'Up!'s new 2007-2008 catalog. It's called, In The Spotlight


I've been dying to make a Christmas card using the new "in-colors" of Wild Wasabi & Purely Pomegranate so that's what I did with this card.


My card base is Purely Pomegranate with a layer of Wild Wasabi distressed with the Cutter Kit & edge in Wasabi ink. I stamped the Sentiment (Holidays & Wishes - SU) in Pomegrante ink. Next I embossed a layer of Shimmery White with my Snowflake Cuttlebug folder and layered that to the Wasabi layer.


I stamped the Center piece with Pomegranate & Wasabi ink and layered them to matching papers. My circles were cut using a Mege Circle Punch and a 2 1/8" Punch (non-su). I piereced holes around parts of the stamped design & added a green brad from the new Rhinestone Ice Circle Brads (SU). I tied ribbons (May Arts) around the center piece & layered everything together with foam mounting tape.


It's a bit "different" for a Christmas card but I like the colors together a lot. Hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love the look of the embossed white with the rich new colors. Sorry to hear you've been sick. My hubby is going in for a CT scan next week for sinus issues as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great card - lucky you to already have at least 1 Christmas card done!! :) I should start now myself - I always run out of time!! love the design!!

    ReplyDelete