WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 26, 2007

Bohemian Peacock


Still playing Bingo over at Poetic Artistry & having a ball! Today I decided to do something really "different" for me that is. I started out with my patterned paper as the theme of this card. I bought this really cool pack of paper from (The Angel Company) called, Rustic Chic and have just been dying to use it. Normally this isn't a look I go for but it's growing on me.

Then I paired that with an equally cool (okay I love that word) set of stamps from (Hero Arts) called, Sketched Birds.

I decided to go with very little stamping on this card since I had been at bowling all morning and wanted to make sure I had a card for the current Bingo round. I stamped the Peacock Image using a Kaleidacolor Pad (Caribbean Sea) on Shimmery White card stock & punched it out with my Mega Oval punch. Next I used the Giga Scalloped Oval punch & pierced holes and the highlighted each hole with Waterfall Stickles.

I glued the designer paper to some Certainly Celery card stock distressed with Chocolate Chip Ink. I then wrapped a piece of Twistel (Making Memories) around this punched a hole and added the big brad (K & Company) that I've been dying to use. I layered this to my card base of Tempting Turquoise. The sentiments is from PAPERTREYink & is called (Paper Tray), I stamped that with the Kaleidacolor pad as well. The peacock & sentiment are both raised using foam mounting tape.

Again an easy card sto stamp but some fun embellishments gave it the pizzaz that I was looking for. This bingo game has really challenged me to be more creative and I have to say, Thank to Julee for such a fun game and challenge. Enjoy & have a great day. Ida

5 comments:

  1. Very cool. I've been eyeing these sketched birds, trying to decide if I needed them. Love the gradient color on the tailfeathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is really great! Nice PP, great stamping, good LO, and pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is a gorgeous card, Ida! I mean really, really lovely! Great job. It's so fun using the patterned paper...frees you up because the colors are already chosen and you can find the perfect images to go with after.
    Great job,
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix of pattern paper and colors, love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing...I LOVE that patterned paper. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete