WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 7, 2007

Serenede of the Sunflower



I like Sunflowers but have never grown them in my flower gardens. I guess because they just take up so much room and quite often grow way to tall. Still I think they are a beautiful flower. Very cheery and for some reason they remind me of summer. This is a card we are doing at my Stamper's 10 Club tonight. I started with the Chocolate Chip base, added a layer of More Mustard stamped with the Aida Cloth background stamp in mustard ink as well. The sentiment was stamped with Garden Green ink. I added chocolate grosgrain ribbon and 2 Old Olive brads. My sunflowers were stamped on Whisper White card stock using, More Mustard, Really Rust & Close to Cocoa inks. I stamped a separate sunflower and cut it out along with a leaf (stamped in Garden Green ink on Old Olive Card Stock) and layered this over the top of the middle sunflower with Dimensionals. All centers were highlighted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I added some speckles with Itty Bitty Background in Old Olive Ink as well. The bee was stamped in Basic Black & colored with Summer Sun ink and highlighted with the glitter as well. I cut the bee out & mounted it with Dimensionals also. I layered the sunflower piece to a piece of Garden Green and distressed the edges with my Cutter Kit. It's a pretty simple card but I love how sunny and bright it feels.

(Stamp Sets Used: Serene Sunflower, Aida Cloth Background, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, It's Your Birthday - All Stampin Up Products used for this card.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this card Ida! I want that set! Very nice! TFS!

    ReplyDelete