WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 3, 2007

Strawberry Delight







It's with great pleasure that I share these YUMMY photo's with you today. Our summer has "officially" arrived here when you are able to buy local produce & my favorite one is of course,




Strawberries! Not just any strawberry though as you can buy them in the stores all year long but let's face it they just don't have the flavor of a freshly picked (and ripe) strawberry. Here where I live a local family named, (Klicker) has been growing these delicious berries for as long as I can remember & then some. If you check back in my archives in April under (Strawberry Fields Forever) you'll find a link to read about these delicious berries.








This weekend I was able to purchase a flat of these berries and made some wonderful Strawberry Shortcake that I must say was absolutely DELICIOUS!








I took a few pictures to share with you and in honor of the first berries of the summer I created a special card as well to share with you. It's also the card that I promised to make with the "sketch" challenge from SCS that I posted earlier this week Sunflower Serenity but is exclusive only to my blog readers.






The other pictures are of Me & my little granddaughter, Coleen eating fresh berries, she just kept eating them and saying, "More, More" - And of course I had to share my shortcake picture with you as well. Doesn't it just make your mouth water.






Details of the card: Card Stock: Real Red, Green Gable, Whisper White



Stamps: Strawberries by Stamp Allah (a stamp I've had for years) - Sentiment from Papertrey Green Thumb set, Reverse Dot & Polka Dot Backgrounders by Cornish Heritage Farms.



Inks: Palette Noir Black Ink, Lipstick Red & Lime Pastel Fluid Chalk Ink



Colored Pencils, Glitter, Red/White Polka Dot ribbon (American Crafts). Green Galore Brads,



Giga Scalloped Square Punch, Slit Punch to make the scalloped borders, Paper Piercing Tool, Mounting Tape.

5 comments:

  1. Ida, your strawberries look scrumptious! And the dessert....and your beautiful card! I could gobble them ALL up!! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Mish

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a word: YUMMY! The card and the berries. Have a great day Ida.

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ida,
    Those look delicious!
    I got the cards you sent me today (4th) They are sooo pretty! Thanks again!
    (I'm writing you here because your email keeps bouncing back again - don't know what it it - guess our emails are just not compatable! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a scrumptious looking treat! Your card is just as gorgeous, love the colors and the borders and the sparkles on the strawberries!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now this is an awesome card! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete