WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jul 26, 2007

Bronc Busting


SCS is having a "Dare to Get Dirty" challenge this week and this is a card I did for one of the challenges posted today.

I love Western themed cards. Now I'm a "City Girl" by heart but I love PBR Bull Riding and oh those "Cowboys" can be pretty easy on the eyes as well! When I saw this set in SU's new Fall catalog I just knew I had to have it.

For this card I used: Chocolate Chip for my card base layered with Very Vanilla that was distressed with the Cutter Kit and Close to Cocoa ink. Then I stamped the Linen BG stamp on Sage Shadow card stock with Sage Shadow ink and the stamped the Bronc Buster in Chocolate Chip Ink and layered some Outlaw designer series paper to the left hand side with a strip of Chocolate chip that I tore & curled up the edges. I added 3 Aged copper brads to the lower right hand corner. The sentiment was stamped in Basic Brown Ink on Very Vanilla and colored with Sage Shadow & Creamy Caramel markers and some Sage Shadow Chalk. I punched out a Star of Chocolate Chip & layered that onto my sentiment and attached another Aged Copper brad. Then I punched out a 1 1/4" Circle of the Outlaw designer paper and layered that on a 1 3/8" circle of Chocolate Chip and added another aged copper brad. The sentiment was raised on dimensionals.
I think this makes a great looking "Masculine" card but I'd be happy to receive it as well. Ida

2 comments:

  1. What a fun card. I grew up a city girl, but lived in the country and now can enjoy and appreciate both worlds. You did a fabulous job on the Dare challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a great cowboy card too!! Love this set! And sage is my FAVORITE!! =)

    ReplyDelete