WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 31, 2007

Creepy Crawly Spiders


Ewwww.....I absolutely detest Spiders so you're probably going to wonder why I used them for my card. These kind don't creep me out like the real live one's do so I can handle them.

Today is Bloggers Challenge Day and we are on Week #10 - Our challenge this week was to use the layout from Pg. 92 (Pocket Train card) in the new Stampin'Up! Fall/Winter collection. When I first saw the challenge card I said, "No Way" am I ever going to participate in this weeks challenge since I hated the card sketch. I mentioned this a few times & several of the members of the group said they didn't care for it either but that's why it's called a "Challenge." A few of them even went so far as to e-mail me and say that if they participated in the challenge I had to too. (Thank you so much Anna)...I'm really glad now that I took them up on the challenge since I love how my card turned out.

I didn't do the "pocket" card but then we didn't have to. For my card I chose to use a brand new set from Papertreyink called, (Spooky Sweets). I stamped both the Large & the Small Spider imaged with Versa Mark ink & embossed with Bold Black EP. I punched on the Lg. spiders with the 1 3/8" Square Punch and mounted them on a slightly larger square that I cut using my paper cutter. I distressed the edges of the squares that the large spiders are on with the Cutter Kit. The Small spiders were punched out with the 1" circle punched and raised up with mounting tape.

My card base is Basic Black which I layered with More Mustard stamped with the Sanded Background in Versa Mark ink & Layered with a piece of the Creepy Crawly DP and a punched scalloped border (using the slit punch) of Basic Black. My spiders were mounted on various colors (More Mustard, Only Orange, Really Rust, Basic Black). I stamped the "Boo" sentiment on Only Orange with Basic Black ink & punched it out using the Word Window punch. I added 3 Black Brads and pierced the top portion of the card to complete the sketch.

Hope you enjoy it & be sure to check out all the other fabulous challenge cards. Use the Bloggers Challenge list on my side bar to do this.

14 comments:

  1. Yeah... I don't like spiders either.... but I LOVE your card! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and spooky, Ida. I just love Halloween stuff...love that it's all over the place now even though it's 2 months away! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did an awesome job on the challenge Ida!! I don't do Halloween cards, but this is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ida, I love how this turned out! The colors and designer paper are a perfect match for those spider images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewwww...spiders! But I love your card!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creepy and crawly Ida! You did a great job with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great take on the challenge, great card

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hhahaaa!!! You're welcome!! And EWWWWW GROSSSS!! SPIDERS!!!!! ACK!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you stepped out of your comfort zone Ida and gave the challenge a try. Looks Great!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! I really like that card. The background color looks awesome. Great sketch! Love everything about it!
    Hugs,
    Gina K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought I had left a comment, but I guess not. Love what you did, you did an awesome job on this challenge card and love the Halloween theme.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks great! love the spiders (but not in real life, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your paper and the scallop. Great card!

    ReplyDelete