WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 17, 2007

Inspiration challenge


Happy Friday everyone! - It's that time again and this week the Blogger's Challenge group was asked to create a card/project from something that "inspired" us. It could be a picture in a magazine, a pattern in a rug, something in nature, an article of clothing etc...

I must say that this week has been the most UN-inspired week I've had in a long time. I just was not at all motivated to stamp and when I did try to sit down and come up with a card idea my brain just could not think of a single creative thought. Yesterday though I got to thinking about what I could come up with for the challenge and I decided to base my card on an article of clothing that I recently purchased. It's a blouse that I bought to wear to my nephew's wedding reception last weekend. I love the colors and the pattern and the way it feels when I put it on, (very comfy) I think that my card captures the feel of the blouse but let me know what you think.

Card base: Basic black, then Blue Bayou edged with a white craft pad. Next a layer of Bashful Blue that I used the Textile Embossing folder (Cuttlebug) and distressed with Blue Bayou Ink.

I stamped the Medallion from the True Friend stamp set (I LOVE THAT SET) in Blue Bayou Ink on Bashful Blue card stock, cut it out & added some Nirvana glitter (Art Institute) to give it some sparkle and a black brad in the center. I punched out a Circle of Blue Bayou card stock using a Marvy Mega Circle punch and ran it through the Cuttlebug as well then distressed the edges and highlighted them with the white craft pad. I layered this to a Scalloped Punched (Giga) circle of Bashful Blue that I pierced with the Crafter's Tool kit & edged with Basic Gray ink. I added a strip of Blue Bayou which I stamped the leaf/flower pattern with White Craft ink, distressed the edges and then layered 2 strips of May Arts ribbon about and below the strip.

To finish off the card I added 3 half pearls (Pretties Kit) that I dyed with a Black Sharpie Marker. If you look closely at the photo of the blouse you might be able to see the shiny black buttons in the V neck portion of the blouse - I wanted to recreate that on my card so that's why I added the half pearls.

Overall I'm really pleased with how this card turned out even if it took me all week to be inspired by something. - Don't forget to check out the other Blogger's challenges. They are listed on my Sidebar under Blogger's Challenge group & be sure to leave a comment on their wonderful creations.

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Ida. Like your idea of coloring the pearls with Sharpies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I really like your take on the inspiration top! Yes...we did have similar inspiration this week!

    Connie
    http://inkspiredtreasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Ida! I think the cuttlebugged background really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a gorgeous card! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ida, I love the worn look of the card! I need to use up a ton of cuttlebug paper that I have and what a great way to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job! Your card is very pretty and comforting looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGREOUS card! I love the colors, stamps, layout, embossed background, love it! Okay...can I even BEGIN to tell you how excited I am to be on your blog jammin' to WILLIE!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO! You rock...so does your playlist...so does your blog lol! :) WAHOO!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this Ida! love the white on the blue cardstock too!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You may have been uninspired, but it doesn't show! Love the card. I like the music, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can definitely see how the top inspired your card. Love how you used the Cuttlebug background here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you used the cuttlebug background with this card. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ida,
    Finally catching up with viewing everyone's Challenges and I must say that yours is simply spectacular!!! Beautifully executed.....what an elegant and lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWESOME card!! Love the colors and layout and ooooh, the visual patterns!

    ReplyDelete