It's FRIDAY!!! - With that comes the Blogger's Challenge and this week I was actually able to participate. I missed the last 2 weeks challenge's due to being on a trip for a few days and then recovering from the trip. (Isn't it weird how you take a vacation to relax and when you get home you need to relax from your vacation!) - But back to the challenge.....This week we were to make our card using the sketch/card on Pg. 165 of the new Fall-Winter SU catalog. If you don't have a catalog you can view it on-line at http://www.stampinup.com/ .
I had a particular person in mind when I made my card and if she's reading my blog she may guess who I'm talking about. If not she'll find out because I'm sending this card off to her in the mail as a little surprise RAK - Can anyone guess who this card might be going to? I know the gals from the Blogger's Challenge group might have some guesses.
My card base is actually white card stock that I purchased from Papertreyink called, Stamper's Select White card stock. It's a heavier card stock then SU's Whisper White and since I was adding some Chipboard embellishments I wanted something sturdy so the card would stand up properly when displayed. I layered a piece of dark plum textured card stock by Bazzill on top of the white card base. I had some really pretty floral designer paper that I bought ages ago so I can't tell you who made it and I wanted to use up the scraps I had left so I covered the large flower from the On Board Blossom and Basics kit with it and then edged it with Wisteria Fluid Chalk ink by Color box. Then I took a smaller circle and layered a piece of Green Galore card stock on top and covered it with Key Lime glitter (Art Institute) then edged it with Lime Pastel Fluid Chalk ink. For the flower in the center I took a small flower from the Pretties Kit and dyed it using Stampin Pastels (Orchid Opulence, Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac) then sealed it with WorkableFixative by Krylon. I dipped the white center in crystal effects and covered it with the Key Lime Glitter then punched a hole through my chipboard and threaded the flower down through the hole and used a piece of sticky tape to hold it down (I cut off the excess).
I stamped the Harlequin (or Argyle) from the Looks Like Spring stamp set with the Wisteria Chalk in on light plum textured card stock. Then I stamped the new Polka Dot background stamp with Wisteria ink on Whisper White and layered that to my plum card stock. I wrapped my ribbon (May Arts) around those pieces and added 2 purple brads then glued this down on my card and tied the bow. The sentiment is from the Holidays and Wishes stamp set and was stamped in Basic Black Ink.
I used sticky tape to glue down the large flower and foam mounting tape to raise up the center. I also used the mounting tape to raise up the smaller flower. I like how this turned out.
Enjoy & have a truly great weekend! - Ida