WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 7, 2007

True Friend Tri-Fold Card



I received a great card from Rose Kerry that was a Tri-Fold card and I really liked the idea so I created this card for today's Color Challenge on SCS (Blue Bayou, Soft Sky & Cameo Coral). At first I thought I wasn't going to like the color combination but I decided to just use the Cameo Coral as an "accent" color for my card and I like the results. I hope you do as well.

My card measure 4 x 5 1/2 when folded. I started with an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Blue Bayou card stock that was scored at 2" & again at 6" to make the two folds. I stamped the leaf image from True Friend in Blue Bayou ink on Soft Sky card stock ( 2 1/4" x 5 1/2") added some speckles from Itty Bitty Backgrounds and a bit of direct to paper distressing then distressed the edges with the Cutter kit and edged it with Blue Bayou ink then glued it down on the top portion of my tri-fold card. Then I cut a piece of Soft Sky designer paper (2" x 5 1/2") and glued that to the bottom portion of the tri-fold card. Next up I cut a 1" strip on Cameo Coral card stock and a 3/4" piece of the Dotted Soft Sky DP glued to the Cameo Coral and scored at both ends at 2 1/2" then glued together to form a band to go around the closed card.

For my focal piece I cut a 2 1/2 x 2 1/2" Square of Blue Bayou card stock, then a slightly smaller square of the Soft Sky and finally a piece of Cameo Coral that I stamped the Simple Stripes background on (now retired) and distressed the edges with the cutter kit and glued this down to my card band being careful to only put a line of glue down the middle of the piece. Then I embossed the medallion using a Cameo Coral stampin spot & Clear EP on Whisper White card stock & cut it out. Then I stamped the star image with Blue Bayou ink on Soft Sky card stock & punched out the star portion using the 1" Circle punch. I layered this over the center of my embossed medallion and added a Ice Blue Rhinestone brad to the center and mounted this with foam mounting tape.

On the Inside I glued a piece of Whisper White card stock and stamped the flower in Blue Bayou and then again in Soft Sky cut out the center portion and glued it over the Blue Bayou flower and added a 1/4" circle of Cameo Coral for the flower center and stamped the True Friend sentiment in Cameo Coral ink.

This was a fun card to make and I hope you enjoy it. - Happy Stamping, Ida

4 comments:

  1. Ida, I love your version of the belly band card. I am sure I cased it from a friend of mine Lisa Jackson who is also in our SSUS group. Good ideas just fly around in our little group!!! You made me smile today. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to CASE Rose's card too, and this is the perfect to show off the new sets. LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida, just love the card. I will have to try this! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very pretty card Ida!

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete