WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 6, 2007

A True Friend


Today's card is made using the, True Friend stamp set from the upcoming Holiday Mini Collection from Stampin'Up! I so love this set and it's going to coordinate fantastically with the Wanted and the Bronc Buster sets that are in the Fall/Winter catalog. (At least in my opinion)

I couldn't wait to get this set & the best part is that I got it for FREE because I had points for the Consistency Counts program that SU had going last year. Now what could be better the FREE rubba! Another great feature is that all the sets in the Holiday Mini are "Die Cut" which means you don't have to cut them yourself. They just pop out of the rubber and you mount them and away you go. Fast & Easy.

For this card I went with some Autumn colors since we are rapidly approaching that season and the Earth Elements are my favorite color family. I started with a card base of Pumpkin Pie and then layered a piece of Whisper White that I had stamped the Linen BG stamp in Old Olive ink and distressed it directly to the paper with my ink pad. Then I stamped the leaf pattern from the True Friend stamp set in the Old Olive ink as well and layered a solid piece of old olive on top with a strip of Really Rust textured card stock and 3 Old Olive brads. I stamped the sentiment from the set in Garden Green ink.

For the focal piece of the card I punched out a scalloped circle (Giga punch) in Pumpkin Pie and edged the scallops with Pumpkin Pie ink and pierced holes in the scallops. I then punched out a (Mega) circle punch of Really Rust card stock that was also stamped with the Linen BG stamp in Really Rust ink and distressed the edges with the Cutter Kit. I stamped the medallion with Really Rust ink on Pumpkin Pie card stock & cut it out then added a Rhinestone brad to the center and mounted it with mounting tape onto the Rust circle and glued the piece down on my card.

It was hard to get a decent scan of this card. I need a way better camera but alas I don't have the $$ for a new one so this one will have to do. I can assure you though that in real life this card is really COOL looking. Can't wait to play with this set again and tonight my Apple Cider designer paper will be here so look for more fun cards this week done using this set. - Ida

1 comment: