As I was trying to recreate the look of the tree on the book cover I tried various techniques and thought you might want to see the ones that got rejected.
The sample on the left uses Versa Mark & Super-Russet Pearl Ex Powder brushed on & sealed.This actually looked shiny like the book cover but wasn't as red as I wanted it to be.
The middle sample used Terra Cotta Tapestry EP (PSX) but I didn't like it at all.
The far right sample was Heat & Stick powder with Red Fun Flock. It was the best match for the red on the book cover but the details of the tree got lost so I rejected it for that reason.
It's amazing how many things you have to try sometimes to get the look & feel you want and it's little wonder my stamp room looks like a tornado went through it after I'm done creating a card!