Nov 23, 2007

Shining Star of Inspiration



Gosh I was so stressing myself out today trying to figure out what I could use as an "inspiration" for this weeks challenge. With the Thanksgiving holiday this past week I just didn't find time to be inspired by a single thing. I was just sitting here when I suddenly remembered that last week I created this card for my Stamper's 10 Club to make and it was indeed "inspired" by a card that I had seen in the November issue of Paper Crafts magazine.


The card I was inspired by was done by the fabulously talented Nichole Heady. I'm hoping it's okay to post a picture of it.

For my card I chose the color scheme of Chocolate Chip & River Rock. I stamped the Print Pattern Background stamp with River Rock ink on River Rock card stock. I then traced a line on the backside of the card stock using a bowl as my guide then cut off the portion I didn't need and distressed the edges with the Cutter Kit. I Stamped the Fine Lace Background with Chocolate Chip ink on River Rock card stock & glued a strip to some Chocolate Chip card stock also distressed with the cutter kit. I layered these pieces onto a card base of Chocolate Chip & stamped the sentiment (Star Studded Season) with Chocolate Chip ink.

I stamped the star (also from Star Studded Season) with River Rock ink on River Rock CS and then cut in out and pressed it into a VersaMark pad and covered it with Iridescent Ice EP and embossed it. Then I stamped the small star from (Star Struck) with Chocolate Chip ink and cute it out. I used a brad from the Pretties Kit for the center of the star and mounted this with foam mounting tape onto my card.

It's a very different color combo for Christmas but I really like it & hope you do as well.
Don't forget to check out all the other great projects on the Blogger's Challenge Group.














14 comments:

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I like that. I love the rounded edge of your card. I also love your Christmas music playing :D How Holidayish

Gerrie said...

Great job Ida

Lynn Mercurio said...

A beautiful inspiration piece, and an awesome job on your card!

astampingteddy said...

Very nice card! Calm and elegant!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Very Pretty Ida!! I love your version and enjoyed listening to Oh Holy Night, which is My Favourite Christmas Carol!!!!!

Lisa Bohler said...

Love your version of the inspiration piece! Excellent project!

Lori said...

Beautiful! I really like holiday cards in non-traditional colors. Tracing the edge of a plate is a great idea for getting a rounded edge for your card--thanks for sharing that.

Karen said...

great card - I'm definitely inspired by lots of other cards I see!!

Lisa said...

Love the detail on your star!

Sheryl said...

Both cards are great! I often get inspired by another card too--anything works!

Connie said...

Love your recreation of Nichole's card...she inspires me, too!

Stefanie said...

Great card Ida! I love the layout and curved bottom of your card. I hadn't seen that one in papercrafts so I'm glad you shared your inspiration with us!

MJ said...

Great card. I seen that one and thought about re-creating it too. You have more ambition than I, lol! Turned out great.

Tracy said...

I love Nichole's card...but I really like the colors you chose. Very nice job recreating the card in your own way.