WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 27, 2008

BC Wk 53 - I couldn't "Resist"....





....Taking the challenge this week for the Blogger's Challenge Group!


This week we were to do ANY "Resist" technique on our project.
Generally speaking I am not one to venture out and try a lot of different techniques but I decided to give it a try anyway.


I did a Google search (don't you just love Google?) on Resist Techniques and came up with all kinds of stuff. Some were a little more complicated or required more supplies then what I had on hand so I nixed those ideas. I found this technique: Double Resist here: http://seitlerstamps.blogspot.com/2006/03/double-resist.html and thought it sounded interesting and fun so I gave it a try and I like how it turned out.

I based my color scheme on this piece of paper (Organic Honeysuckle) by BoBunny. Since I wasn't able to use the paper for my card I went with the colors and then a strip of (Coral Dot) also by BoBunny as an accent piece on my card.

To create the resist piece I started out with a piece of Glossy Card stock that I stamped the large and small lady bugs (Garden Whimsy) using a Versamark pad and clear embossing powder. Then I stamped the butterfly with just Versamark ink and let it dry. Next I sponged on Groovy Guava ink and followed that up by sponging on Ruby Red ink and buffed with a paper towel. The embossed ladybugs showed up white and the butterflies took on some of the color but not all of it to create a soft feel.

My card base is Groovy Guava (gotta use it up before it retires!) and layered on Ruby Red. I added the strip of Coral Dot DP that I stamped my sentiment (Hero Arts) with Ruby Red ink and one of the small lady bugs and layered it to a piece of Ruby Red card stock. I used my Nestabilities Dies to cut out a circle of the DP and then a Scallop of Ruby Red. I stamped my butterfly with Ruby Red ink on glossy card stock and sponged and buffed on some Groovy Guava ink as well. Then I created some custom dots by using a piece of Groovy Guava card stock, a glue stick and Melone Glitter (Art Institute) and glued them down on the butterfly. I raised up the wings slightly with foam mounting tape and raised up my scallop as well. To complete my card I added 3 Island Blossom Dew Drops. I'm happy with the results and hope you are as well.

Don't RESIST the urge to check out the other great projects for this challenge by clicking on the Bloggers Challenge Icon on my sidebar.


19 comments:

  1. Hi Ida, love the colours in this card. Your resist looks fantastic.

    Marcia
    new BC member

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Card - I love those colors! The card just makes me smile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, yay, a technique I've never heard of! Thanks for the inspiration, your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Great stamp choices....wonderful results! Great job this week! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful Ida. You did a wonderful job on a "new" technique. Love the softness of the butterflies on the background. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoohoo, girl, this is a great card. Awesome colors, an equally awesome stamp set, and your technique is spot on! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, Ida...love the colors!

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! This card is stunning!!! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card Ida! It just screams Summer! And Garden Whimsy is one of my fav stamp sets. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Ida! What a wonderful piece of paper to inspire your design! Thanks so much for sharing the technique link with us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful card! I love the Bo Bunny paper you used for your inspiration! The colors and details you chose are very inspiring...great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Double Resist, love this challenge and all the different techniques..
    Your card is beautiful and my favorite colors.
    Thanks the the brilliant technique.
    Connie Paxman

    ReplyDelete
  13. This double resist is gorgeous! Love the color palette that you picked, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful, you really captured the colors and feel of the paper. Your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh! So pretty! I had forgotten all about that resist technique.....you have done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic, Ida! You definitely captured the feel of the paper that inspired you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ida, this is gorgeous! You definitely excelled in this challenge.

    Thank you so much for sending my Mom a card. She was so excited and it was so thoughtful of you. She is doing great and getting around better every day. Glad your mom is doing well too!

    ReplyDelete