....Taking the challenge this week for the Blogger's Challenge Group!
This week we were to do ANY "Resist" technique on our project.
Generally speaking I am not one to venture out and try a lot of different techniques but I decided to give it a try anyway.
I did a Google search (don't you just love Google?) on Resist Techniques and came up with all kinds of stuff. Some were a little more complicated or required more supplies then what I had on hand so I nixed those ideas. I found this technique: Double Resist here: http://seitlerstamps.blogspot.com/2006/03/double-resist.html and thought it sounded interesting and fun so I gave it a try and I like how it turned out.
I based my color scheme on this piece of paper (Organic Honeysuckle) by BoBunny. Since I wasn't able to use the paper for my card I went with the colors and then a strip of (Coral Dot) also by BoBunny as an accent piece on my card.
To create the resist piece I started out with a piece of Glossy Card stock that I stamped the large and small lady bugs (Garden Whimsy) using a Versamark pad and clear embossing powder. Then I stamped the butterfly with just Versamark ink and let it dry. Next I sponged on Groovy Guava ink and followed that up by sponging on Ruby Red ink and buffed with a paper towel. The embossed ladybugs showed up white and the butterflies took on some of the color but not all of it to create a soft feel.
My card base is Groovy Guava (gotta use it up before it retires!) and layered on Ruby Red. I added the strip of Coral Dot DP that I stamped my sentiment (Hero Arts) with Ruby Red ink and one of the small lady bugs and layered it to a piece of Ruby Red card stock. I used my Nestabilities Dies to cut out a circle of the DP and then a Scallop of Ruby Red. I stamped my butterfly with Ruby Red ink on glossy card stock and sponged and buffed on some Groovy Guava ink as well. Then I created some custom dots by using a piece of Groovy Guava card stock, a glue stick and Melone Glitter (Art Institute) and glued them down on the butterfly. I raised up the wings slightly with foam mounting tape and raised up my scallop as well. To complete my card I added 3 Island Blossom Dew Drops. I'm happy with the results and hope you are as well.
Don't RESIST the urge to check out the other great projects for this challenge by clicking on the Bloggers Challenge Icon on my sidebar.