WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 7, 2008

Coffee With A Friend

I saw some cards being posted on blogs using this sketch and just had to try it out myself.  In fact it was the Wednesday sketch on Splitcoaststampers SC188 if you want to check out all the other cards using this sketch
My card base is Chocolate Chip that I layered with the new Kiwi Kiss and distressed with Kiwi Kiss ink and my distressing tool.  Then I added a piece of designer paper by BoBunny.  I stamped my coffee cup from Flourishes on Whisper White card stock and again on the patterned paper.  I cut the coffee cup and saucer out and glued them over the image.  The saucer was raised up using foam mounting tape.  Then I stamped the steam using Chocolate Chip ink and highlighted it with a Clear Spica Glitter pen (it doesn't show up in the scan but is pretty in real life). I stamped the sentiment with Basic Black ink.  The sides were distressed using Ranger's Brushed Corduroy ink. Then 3 brads (Queen and Co.) were added and the edges distressed again.
The triangles were done using the reverse side of the patterned paper and ran through the Cuttlebug using the Swirls embossing folder.  It reminded me of the steam from the coffee cup. The focal image was mounted with foam mounting tape to complete the card.

3 comments:

  1. Ida, this is fabulous! Don't you just love this sketch? It sure made a lovely, lovely card! Have a good end to the week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the sketch. Love your patterned cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I have this Bo Bunny paper and adore it...it's so fun, without being "too much".

    ReplyDelete