WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 18, 2008

Something to Crow About

I found this "funky" rooster on a recent visit to a Stamp Store and immediately though of Anna Wight (Sweet Miss Daisy) who lives on a farm in Texas with lots of different animals including chickens and of course Roosters.  I decided that I wanted to send her a card using this Rooster and this is what I came up with.

The card base is Pumpkin Pie layered with Close To Cocoa that I distressed with CTC ink as well.  Then I added a strip of DP (Provo Craft - Apple Harvest Scrap Pad) and a scallop punched strip of More Mustard. 
For the focal image (Judith - I-33) that's the name on the side of the stamp. I stamped the Rooster with Palette Noir Black ink on Whisper White card stock. Colored it with Prisma Colored Pencils blended with Gamsol.  Then I masked him and sponged an oval using a punched template and So Saffron and More Mustard inks.  I added Crystal Effects to his top notch and whatever that funky chin thing is called (Anna will know) I also highlighted his beak with an Orange Spica Glitter Pen. (Here is a close up so you can see the detail a little better.)  I cut the image out with my Rectangle Nestablities and mounted it on a So Saffron Rectangle distressed with More Mustard Ink.  Then I added a piece of Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon and a cool button I got from my mom's button stash (thanks mom) and frayed some of the ribbon to tie on the button.
For the sentiment (Hero Arts) I colored directly on the stamp with Basic Gray & Pumpkin Pie markers, cut it out with the Lg. Oval punch (SU) and added 2 orange mini brads (Queen and Co.).  The sentiment and focal image were mounted with foam mounting tape.

Anna is such a creative person and has a unique and fun style of stamping.  She always makes me smile with her wonderful creations and this is my way of saying, "Thanks for the inspiration and the smile you put on my face with your wonderful cards."  - Anna if you read my blog this is on it's way to you.

7 comments:

  1. That's definitely one funky rooster, Ida! CUTE card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tooo cute! Love the silly rooster image! Great watercoloring too1 {sMILEs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very beautiful post! I like your way of saying Thank you! I Like Anna's art also! She is very unique! As you are! Your blog is very inspirational and I always read your posts and learn a lot from you! Back to card... The Rooster is adorable! As always I enjoy your coloring with Gamsol! Love the DP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Now that's my kind of watercolouring too! Love your colours and paper choices and the ribbon is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it, Ida!! And it's in my hot little hands TODAY!!! =)
    You're the sweetest, to think of me and send me a card! THANK YOU!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: His chin flappy thing is called a waddle. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heeheehee! I also can't look at a chicken and think of Anna! This is a very fun and cute card!

    ReplyDelete