WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 27, 2008

Spooky Sketch - TECC35

I got to play with Taylor's Cupcake challenge today.  I just love her Cupcake Friday cards and now that she has sketch challenges it's doubly fun!  This sketch looked like a lot of fun so I thought I would give it a try.
I chose to use a set that I've had for some time (a year in fact) and create a Halloween card.  The set I used is from Papertrey Ink and can be found here:  http://www.papertreyink.com/stamps_spookysweets.html It's called, Spooky Sweets.  I stamped the Jack-o-lantern in Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss ink (SU).  Then I stamped just the pumpkin portion again and cut it out and stamped the face with Palette Noir Black ink.  I went over that with a Black Spica Glitter pen for some shimmer (which really doesn't show well in the scan) cut it out and raised it up with foam mounting tape.  I added some webbing to the corners of the Whisper White panel using the Cheesecloth Background Stamp (SU-retired) and Black ink.  I mounted this piece to Kiwi Kiss distressed with KK ink as well. 
The Card Base is Kiwi Kiss layered with Pumpkin Pie that I stamped the Spooky Sentiment on and then ran through my Cuttlebug with the Spiderweb Embossing Folder.  I distressed the edges with Basic Gray ink and added a row of Orange and Black mini brads (Queen and Company).  I also added Googly Eyes to the centers of the "O's" for a bit of whimsy.  My 4 panels were done using Basic Black CS and Ghostly Greetings DP (SU).  I stamped the Spider with a Versamark Pad and Embossed it with Black EP and then cut it out and mounted it with foam mounting tape to complete my card.
There you have it a Spooky Sketch for your viewing pleasure.  Check out Taylor's blog if you haven't already.

8 comments:

  1. Caaa-uuute card Ida! Love the colors, images and all your details (the googlie eyes in the spooky w/ brad line is GENIUS!). Thanks for the comment, I *really* like your blog & your ideas! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch! Love the spiderweb embossing folder you used and the googly eyes on your sentiment. This is a really great Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida - this is totally cute!!! Love your halloween card - you have made the Sketch look fabulous!!!
    Thanks for sharing your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Ida! I like how you stamped the web in the corners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card...love the web and the spider!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful Halloween card -- LOVE that pumpkin - so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool! What a great idea to use that bg for a spiderweb!

    ReplyDelete