WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 4, 2008

A Windy Wedding

Last week Ihubby and I  left on Thursday from Walla Walla, WA (no we don't have an Acme Mail Order Company here)* to attend my stepson's wedding in Crescent City, CA.  The trip was 571 miles and we wanted to take plenty of time since we had both our mothers and Coleen along and didn't want anyone to get to stiff and sore from riding in a car all day long. 
The wedding took place on the beach (South Pebble Beach) in front of that large rock you see in the photo.  That was the first place where Erick told Elaine he "liked" her and kissed her way back when he was only 17, he's 25 now.  It's been a rather rocky romance for the two of them over the years and they've split up and gone back together several times.  It was good though that he finally decided to marry her. The wedding was short and sweet and very WINDY! - We all sat on logs and had sand blowing in our faces and even though the sun was shining the wind made you feel extremely cold.  I will share nicer and better pictures once we figure out how to down load them off my husbands camera onto the computer.  For now though this will have to do.
They had a Black n White color scheme for the wedding party so I wanted to coordinate that into the card we gave them with their wedding cash.    The card base is Basic Black which I layered with Shimmery White that I ran through the Cuttlebug using the Textile Embossing Folder.  Then I added a strip of Black and White Polka Dot designer paper,(http://www.oneheart-onemind.com/)  I embossed the heart from Always-SU with Black Diamond EP-JudiKins and cut it out.  Then I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts) with Palette Noir Black ink nad layered it to the Shimmery White card stock.  I added the Heart Charm (which I happened to find one day in a parking lot at the grocery store) and added a tiny black brad from Queen and Company.  I mounted the sentiment and the heart with foam mounting tape. 
Here is a close-up of the heart so you can see how sparkly the embossing powder turned out.

We hope they have a long and happy marriage.  It's going to be a long haul for them in the next year as Elaine is expecting a baby in December and Erick will be heading back to Afghanistan for another tour of duty (He's in the National Guard) so he will pretty much miss the first year of his child's life.
We made it home safe and sound late Monday night and I will try to share more about our trip later on.
*For those of you who aren't familiar with the Bugs Bunny Cartoon the Coyote always bought stuff from the Acme Company to try and catch the Road Runner.  At some point in the cartoon it was shown that the Acme Company was located in Walla Walla, WA! -  We've also been mentioned in a few other movies,  "The Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Stake Out to name a couple.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us this beautiful picture! What a romantic story! I wish to Erick and his wife Elaine lots of years of happiness! Also want to wish Eric good luck and be safe!
    Glad you made your trip safe!
    The card is very beautiful! I like this embossed heart! The sentiment is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Ida! I'm glad you and hubby had a nice trip and the wedding was wonderful! I wish the happy couple all the best... they certainly will have their faith and devotion well-tested in this first year. Hopefully it'll just make their bond even stronger!

    ReplyDelete