WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 8, 2008

Tis The Season - SGGW Mystery Image

The Stamp Girls Gone Wild (don't you love that name?) just finished up another round of our Mystery Image challenge.  In case you aren't familiar with the Mystery Image challenges what takes place is one member signs up to be the Hostess and she gets to pick the "Mystery" image that we all use for our cards.  Then she stamps several copies of the image and mails them to each person signed up to play in the challenge.  This way we have several to play around with (just in case we make a boo boo) or we want to layer etc..on our cards.  This time the hostess (Stephanie) chose this adorable image (Carol Singing Charlotte) from Whiff of Joy stamps.  This is a relatively new stamp company so be sure to stop by and take a peek at what they have to offer.
For my card I went with a color scheme based on my designer paper (Basic Grey Figgy Pudding - Forest).  I love all the pretty patterns and colors of the trees in this paper.  I colored Charlotee with Prisma Color pencils blended with Gamsol.  Then I cut out the hat from one image and used White Liquid Applique and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to add some sparkle.  The hat was then raised with foam mounting tape.  I also added sparkle to the musical notes and her star necklace with Frosted Lace Stickles.  (See Close-up for more detail.) I masked the lower half and sponged in the ground using an oval punch to create a template.   I mounted the image on Always Artichoke paper (Card Base is the same).  My sentiment is from a small set of Studio G Christmas stamps.  I stamped the sentiment in Always Artichoke ink, punched it out with a circle punch, layered it to a larger circle of Riding Hood Red and highlighted the dots with a Red Spica Glitter pen.  I used the Zigzag Embossing Punch (Martha Stewart) to create my border and tied a piece of Always Artichoke Grosgrain ribbon around it.  I added 3 Dew Drops to the side for embellishment to complete the card.  All images raised with foam mounting tape.
Once I receive my card from my partner I'll post it here to so you can see another idea using this adorable stamp.
Can't wait to see what the next Mystery Image will be. 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Ida! I love this card so much!!! This sweet little girl is one of my favorites! You did an amazing job with this card! Love the papers! Amazed of your coloring! Also Like how you mounted girl's hat. Such a beautiful effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, I love the image and the punch you have used is great. The Liquid Applique looks great on her hat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I love your card Ida!! Perfect colour combo and terrific, elegant layout! Those mystery challenges sound like fun.
    Katharina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Ida! I love that you popped up her hat. Thanks for joining my swap. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! She's so cute! :) I love the zig zag at the bottom, and the coloring is beautiful! That patterned paper is awesome also...

    I am getting a Charlotte stamp and can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Ida...love the detailing on the image! Wonderful card all round!

    ReplyDelete