WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Nov 21, 2008

Warm and Cozy Christmas

Hi,  Wow I can't believe how fast time seems to be flying.  Thanksgiving is less then a week away now.  I had time today to do the sketch over at Taylor's blog for Cupcake Friday.  I was so excited when I saw that Laura had been chosen as the featured stamper this week.  I just love her blog and the way she does the different sketches each week - Fantastic!     I finally got a chance to play with a new stamp set that I recently purchased.  The stamp set is called, Cozy Critters and can be found at Whipper Snapper Designs.  This set was illustrated by the fabulously talented Anna Wight (Sweet Miss Daisy).  I just love how adorable this little cat is and for those of you who know me the kitty image was a natural choice for my first one to ink up from this set. 

I watercolored my image with ink pads and an Aqua Painter.  Then I masked the image and sponged the grass using an oval stencil and also sponges a soft sky leaving my border white by
          keeping the paper inside the Nestabilites Die while I sponged on the color.  I stamped and watercolored the hat then added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and cut it out and mounted it with foam mounting tape.  Then I added snowflakes using white Liquid Applique.and some glitter for extra sparkle.  I mounted this on a scalloped rectangle of Ridinghood Red Card Stock and layered it onto Kiwi Kiss cs with foam mounting tape.

My card base is Ridinghood Red layered with Always Artichoke and designer paper by Basic Gray. I colored the Sentiment from the set with Ruby Red and Always Artichoke markers.  I layered this to Artichoke cs and added a punched out snowflake (the reverse side of the DP) that I embossed with Iridscent Ice EP and layered with a smaller white snowflake and a tiny red brad.  I added 3 larger red brads (Queen and Co.) to the side along with punched circles of Artichoke card stock.  This was raised with the foam mounting tape. 

After I had the card completed I realized that I should have cut my sentiment a tad shorter to match the sketch more closely but once you stick that foam mounting tape down it's not coming off without ripping the paper so it's staying put.

I hope you like this card as much as I did making it.

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Ida! I like the snow you added to the image panel--fun detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Ida! I love how you used the layout and paper pieced the hat!! Your coloring is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sooo cute! That little paper pieced hat on the kitty is adorable! Thanks for playing the challenge! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so cute!!! Love the new stamp set that you bought! Very talented coloring and love how you played thi challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo cute! I love the puffy snowflake accents!!! Fabulous Ida!

    ReplyDelete