WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jan 29, 2009

Mice Are Nice


Wow I had hoped to particpate in more then one of Taylor's Cupcake Friday sketches to help celebrate a year of wonderful, fun cupcake cards and sketches but alas it just wasn't meant to be.  For starters I have been having major issues with my right wrist (going numb, burning and tingling in my fingers, losing sleep, pain) so I just haven't been stamping all that much.  I've had a bit of relief that last 2 days so today I finally managed to do one of the sketches.
I chose this one from http://vickichrisman.blogspot.com/ because I really liked all the different layers it had.  I had spotted some paper on my desk when I was cleaning and decided to go with that as my color scheme for the card.  This is also part of the Blogger's Challenge this week (Week #84 - Theme, Birthday cards/projects).  So don't forget to check the other members out by clicking on the bloggers challenge icon on my side bar.
I also got to use my new Whiff of Joy stamp (Isn't that mouse just the most adorable thing you've seen in a long time!).  I colored the image with Prismacolored Pencils and blended with Gamsol.
Details:  Card Base: Real Red layered with Certainly Celery embossed with the Circles CB folder. I stamped the sentiment (SU) with Always Artichoke ink before embossing. I layered strips of designer paper (Artic Frog) and a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock that I embossed with a Martha Stewart border punch.  I added Always Artichoke Grosgrain ribbon.  My focal image was mounted on Tempting Turquoise cs and both were cut using my new Labels 2 dies from Spellbinders.  I added Red and Green jewels (Me and my Big Ideas) and raised up my image with foam mounting tape.  The flame and sprinkles on the cupcake were highlighted with Spica Glitter pens.

19 comments:

  1. First off, I love your new blog look. So appealing and yummy! Second...I LOVE THIS CARD. What a great project you have created. Taylor will be so happy to see this.

    On the hand thing...it sounds like carpal tunnel (from someone who has it in both hands) your symptoms are classic. See your doctor, as I'm not a doctor, but only give free medical advice...lol

    Great job with this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE!!!! Great job!!!! Sorry for the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I just love this little mouse image! Perfect for this week's challenge! Hope wrist is better soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mouse looks so cute in the Nesites! Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Ida... I am so sorry you didn't feel good... Hope you are doing better now! I think Lynn is right, you need to see a doctor.
    I love your new look of the blog too! And your card is so pretty!!! Love the Mouse!!! The layout is so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SUPER DEE DUPER CUTE!!!! I concur with Lynn and I am diagnosing you with Carpal Tunnel. I also have it in both wrists. But with kids I just can't have the surgery and not have my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Lynn...nice fresh blog and your card is SO cute! Great job with the challenge. I also agree to check with a doctor on your hand...sounds VERY familiar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card. I love the stamp. sorry to hear about your hand. I hope you're on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card!The stamp is so cute! The coloring looks Fantactic! Love the Nestabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an adorable card, love this mouse :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love the PP you used and the Nestie's template..love that little mouse..stamp
    Great job on this challenge.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy heart blog! Super cute!

    Really like this card! The nesties frame the little mice so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ida, this is so cute! Hope your wrist is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute that image is. I love mice and this one is adorable. Great birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Ida, look how flash you blog is looking! Love it.

    Great card for BC this week, I love the image, very cute.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card - love the little mouse with his cupcake!
    Hope the wrist gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute card! Great take on the challenge and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the hearts on your blog!! I hope your wrist is feeling better, what a bummer :(

    I ordered this image, I just love him (it's not here yet). Super cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete