WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jan 26, 2009

SGGW - Penguin Love

Happy Monday!  Hope you are all staying safe and warm.  It's COLD here again with only a high of 28 expected today and once again we have snow on the ground.  Believe me this is very unusual for Walla Walla to have had so much snow.  I really am looking forward to Spring.  In the mean time I had an extra image left over from the SGGW Mystery Image swap (see card here) so I thought I'd make up another card and send it to the Swap Hostess,       Sue Davis as a, "Thank You" for hosting the swap. 
I used the same exact color scheme as my previous card but went with a totally different layout.  This layout is the Mojo Monday Sketch Week 69.  My card base is Close to Cocoa layered with Bashful Blue and Barely Banana (embossed with Heart Cuttlebug Folder) and distressed with Chocolate Chip ink and the Cutter Kit. The designer paper (SU Spring Showers - retired)was layered onto Chocolate Chip and distressed.  I stamped the sentiment (SU A Happy Heart) with Chocolate Chip ink and punched the individual letters out with a 1/2" circle punch.  Then I layered them onto a 3/4" circle of Bashful Blue.  I stamped the heart again in So Saffron Ink and raised it up with foam mounting tape.  My focal image was colored with Prisma Colored Pencils and the boxer shorts were also raised up with foam mounting tape.  I also stamped some splatters (Itty Bitty Backgrounds) with Sahara Sand ink to match the splatters on the DP.  The dot on the letter (i) is a very tiny punched piece of Chocolate Chip card stock.
Enjoy the week and don't forget to STAMP YOUR ART OUT!

3 comments:

  1. So darling. Love those papers. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready for Spring too, Ida!
    Your card is so pretty! I love the embossed hearts on the background and the DP! And of course this cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Not recognizing your ex-husband makes me feel better about not recognizing a lady that I know for sure I wasn't related to or married to! :) I like Melissa on Bachelor as well.

    ReplyDelete