WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jan 17, 2009

TECC51 - HAPPY 80th Birthday Mom

HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY MOM!!! -  January 18th - This picture was taken in July and is one of the nicest photo's I have of my mom.  She hates having her picture taken so it's really hard to get a natural looking picture of her.  This is the first of the tomatoes she had from the plants she grew last summer so I took a picture of her with it and she was so excited about it that she smiled naturally for the camera instead of her usual sober look.  Anyway my mom is my dearest friend and this is a milestone birthday for her so I felt it was only fitting to share a photo of her with my viewers.
My post is a day early but I wanted to get the card posted ahead of time as it's part of the Cupcake Friday Challenge.  I've missed the last couple of sketches but thought I'd do this weeks and decided that I'd just make my mom's birthday card using the sketch. 
I went with flowers and butterflies because those are a couple of my mom's favorite things.  Then I remembered that I had some paper by Chatterbox that had poppies on it that I thought would work well for my card.  Once I started making the card though I decided to not use the poppy background paper but went instead for the striped pattern.
I stamped the poppies (Oh So Lovely - retired SU) with Palette Noir Black ink and colored them with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.  I masked the flowers and sponged Barely Banana Ink around them while my paper was still inside the Nestabilities Die.  I stamped a second set of poppies and cut the flowers out and raised them on my main image with foam mounting tape.  I added the buttersflies from (Beyond the Basics - SU) by coloring them with Ruby Red, Really Rust, So Saffron and Always Artichoke markers).
I layered this onto a scalloped rectangle of Always Artichoke.  Then I realized that I needed another panel as the strips in the sketch go under the main panel so I added the So Saffron Panel. 
The Main Card is Always Artichoke layered with So Saffron and a Textured Piece of card stock in a dark red color from Chatterbox.  I added 3 punched circles of Really Rust with dark green brads (Queen and Co.).  My sentiment is from Sincere Salutations) and was stamped with Bravo Burgundy ink and I pierced underneath the sentiment for some added insterest.  I added 2 punched butterflies to the focal image to complete my card. 
I even stamped the inside of the card (which I don't do often but I like how it turned out.  I hope my mom will like it.  Be sure to check Taylor's blog and see all the enteries for the Cupcake Friday Sketch.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card for a beautiful mother! Happy 80th to her!! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your mother Ida! And thank you for sharing a picture! My mom is also my best friend, she lives so far away from me, but I feel her love!
    The card is so beautiful! I love the stamps you chose! And the inside of the card is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is a real WOW! Love all of the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a BEAUTIFUL card!
    I hope your Mother had a wonderful birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty colors! And love how you continued the card inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card, inside and out!! Happy Birthday Wishes to your mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! What a beautiful card..so elegant. I love it! Happy Birthday!
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete