WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 28, 2009

Butterflies and Cupcakes

Don't these cupcakes look delicious and colorful.  I decided today to play along (my first time) with the Cupcake challenge on Hope Stamps Eternal
This is challenge #13 and it's taken me this long to finally play along but I'm glad I did.

  For my card I chose to highlight the bright colors of the butterflies and frosting. I started by chosing a sketch and went with the Mojo Monday78 sketch.  I know it's a sketch from clear back in March but I save the sketches to a file and try them out as I find time.  I liked the long panel on this sketch and felt it would work well for my rainbow colored flight of butterflies.
  I used a butterfly image from a CTMH stamp set that I've had for years.  I stamped and masked the butterflies in Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, Green Galore and Pixie Pink.  I matted this to Basic Black cs and added some Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to the butterflies.  I was starting to panic when I couldn't seem to locate any Designer Paper that I liked and then I happened upon this colorful pattern that had all the colors I wanted and I got super excited.  I added a panel of Only Orange that I ran through the Cuttlebug with a Circle Embossing folder and added a pierced scalloped piece of Green Galore card stock tied with Turquoise Grosgrain ribbon.  I added a sentimet with a tiny turquoise flower and orange brad and below that 3 punched turquoise circles highlighted with Hot Pink brads to complete the card.
I love how bright and cheerful this turned out and hope you do as well.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE the colorful butterflies and all the polka dots! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a fun card! I'm glad you decided to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty card, Ida! You matched the colors from the cupcakes perfectly! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooooooool Beans Ida!!! Great job capturing the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This card is fantastic, Ida! I love the cupcakes and the way how the inspired you - love the colors of the butterflies! And the DP matches so well!!! Amazing job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I just love your card. The colors and layout are fantastic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoh, this card is totally adorable, Ida!!! Great job with the cupcake inspiration, you totally captured it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun, colourful card!!! I've been meaning to join this challenge, but I just haven't had the time yet! You've done an awesome job with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is perfect for this challenge! Great colors, yummy-looking aren't they?

    ReplyDelete