Welcome and Happy Friday. It's time once again for the Blogger Challenge group to showcase a new theme. This weeks theme, A Stitch in Time (use stitching of some kind) on your project. This could be actual stitching with a machine, hand stitching, faux stitching...well you get the point.
Now I have got to admit that Sewing of almost any kind is not my forte. In fact it ranks right up there with "altering" projects as something that I really don't care for at all. I've had a long history of sewing woes from the time in Home Economics class when I sewed the zipper shut on my dress to present day when it took me nearly 2 hours last night to try and figure out how to rethread my Janome Sew Mini and get it to work long enough to sew the border across the bottom piece of my card. The thread just kept coming out of the needle or it would ball up under the paper in a nasty ugly tangle. I tried having my mom (who is an excellent seamstress) see what I was doing wrong but she wasn't able to figure out my machine as she has this really OLD Singer machine that she bought the year I was born and she's used it every since for all her sewing needs. Even DH tried to figure out what I was doing wrong (bless his heart) but that sort of irriated me (don't ask) so I finally asked him just to let me try and figure it out on my own. I watched or tried to watch a video that Gina K has out on using the Janome Sew Mini but even that didn't help. In the end I did something (not sure what) that at least worked long enough for me to sew a portion of my card.
This morning I did some piercing and then hand stitched the circle portion of the card to add another element of sewing to my project. About the only thing in sewing that I have ever been really good at is putting in a hem.
For my card I used the new Autumn Days stamp set (I just love that Pheasant image). I chose the now retired designer paper, (Autumn Vine) for my color scheme. I thought the pattern resembled the berries in the stamp set quite well. I stamped them using More Mustard ink and added a touch of Really Rust to portions of the berries. I mounted that to a circle or RR after I sewed my border *I used 2 colors of thread for that.
For the Pheasant I used Chocolate Chip Craft ink and stamped on More Mustard cs and embossed with clear EP. The sentiment is from (Season by Season - retired). I also did some distressing on that panel with the cutter kit and my fingernail. I added a piece of Chocolate Grosgrain ribbon and 3 More Mustard brads to complete the card. Oh there is also a bit of my homemade shimmer spray on the berries to give it some sheen.
Would you believe that I couldn't even figure out what that old proverb was suppose to mean! Yes, I must be sewing challenged.
Don't forget to check out all the other great stitched projects. You can do so by clicking on the Blogger Challenge Icon on my sidebar. - Have a great weekend.