WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jul 19, 2009

Dizzy - Cupcakes A Swirl


Dizzy my head is spinning.....Well not really but that's what those fun circles in the latest Cupcake Inspiration Challenge brought to mind when I first saw them.  Hope really does a great job finding such fun and interesting cupcakes to challenge your creativity and this one is no exception.  I love the colors, they look so refreshing and pretty together.  For my card I took my inspiration from the colors, the flower and the circle patterns.  Next up I decided to use Taylor's Cupcake Friday sketch and this is the result of both challenges.  For this card I embossed the circle embossing folder on Cool Caribbean cs and brayered Close to Cocoa ink over it.  Then I stitched a piece of DP (DCWV) and distressed the edges.  I layered this to Cameo Coral and a base of Chocolate Chip cs. 
I stamped the cupcake (Hero Arts) on Whisper White cs and colored it with Prisma Color Pencils.  I added Crystal Glitter (Art Institute) to the frosting and popped up the flower with mounting tape.  This was layered on 2 pieces of Designer paper (Bo-Bunny) and Chocolate Chip cs.  I stamped the sentiment with Chocolate Chip ink and added a Coral flower along with a Brown Felt flower and Turquoise brad to complete my card.
 
Be sure to stop by both Hope's and Taylor's blogs to see what others have come up with for these challenges.  Have a great day.

6 comments:

  1. MMMMMmmmmm, Great work with the inspiration, the flower and colors and circles all work so well! Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ida, this is just gorgeous! You used those colors amazingly and I love that adorable cupcake!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Fabulous work, Ida! I love these colors too! And the way how you cut and attached the saying is awesome! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see how the picture would be very inspiring. I love the colors and those cool circles, too. Your card is so cute and creatively designed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM indeed!! I love how you incorporated the circles on this - and your cupcake looks good enough to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stinkin cute! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete