Aug 17, 2009

CIC20 Smiles in Flight



Hi! - Well it's the start of another week and time for me to post my latest card for Hope's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge. Oh before I forget check out the new "Blinkie" on my sidebar (Hope's Top 5) How cool is that!

Isn't that cupcake pretty. I loved the purple flowers and the butterflies and just how dainty and elegant the cupcake looked. So when I started my card I wanted to create something that was just that, (Dainty and Elegant). So do you think I achieved that?

I stamped the Butterfly with Versamark ink and embossed it with Detail Silver EP. If you look closely at the inspiration cupcakes they have a silver liner and some silver beads in the flower centers. Next I colored the image with Copic markers - Yes I actually own a small set but rarely use them. Why?...Well let's just say first I don't have enough colors to adequately work with them. Secondly I really need someone to come and teach me how to use these darn things. I just can't seem to get the hang of shading and blending with them. Lastly I'm pretty sure that I need a different sort of paper as SU's Whisper White seems to streak and I hate that look.
But I digress...let's get back to the card. After I colored the image I added some dots with (Itty Bitty Backgrounds) and a Bashful Blue ink pad. I also highlighted the butterflies wings with a Purple Spica Glitter pen. Then I cut it out and mounted it onto some dark purple card stock. (Source unknown but I think it's Bazzill textured card stock.)
I know the inspiration photo doesn't have any (green) in it but I found this already embossed piece of green card stock that looked so pretty so I decided to use it for my card. I lightly ran it over my white craft ink pad and then added some purple brads. I used some lace from a stash of stuff that my mom gave me. I added some lighter lavender brads and stamped the sentiment with Wisteria Chalk Ink.

Stamps: Hero Arts, SU
Ink: Silver Detail EP(SU) Wisteria Chalk Ink (Colorbox),
Copic Markers
Paper: SU Whisper White, Textured Purples (Bazzill?)
Other: Textile Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Lace, Brads (Queen and Co.)

10 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

Dainty & elegant... definitely! This is a gorgeous card, Ida!

Rachel Hope said...

SOOOOO Pretty Ida, I love all the Wonderful details!!! Thanks for playing along!

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, I love the lace addition to it!

Allison said...

This is so very pretty...heart that stamp and layout you chose!

lisa808 said...

Stunning card! Your butterfly is very pretty and I like how you added the lace.

rozie640 said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the colors!!

Elena said...

Wow! This card is amazing!!! I love the colors so much! And I like that you added a lace too!

Kathie Bailey said...

Ida, this is so beautiful. I love how you interpreted the cupcake.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Ida, this is utterly gorgeous! Love the colours, butterflies, the lace, the entire presentation! Beautiful take on the cupcake!

debbies said...

So pretty - love the layout!