WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 12, 2009

Master of his Domain - A Noble Deer


Today I'm sharing a card with you that I recently created for a friend who wanted a Masculine Birthday card for a male friend of hers. I made two cards for her one of which can be found here - She liked both of the cards so much that she bought both of them!

Recently I saw another card using this set over on Leslie Miller's blog and just loved her card too. I realized that I hadn't yet posted my card after I saw her card, which you can see her card here:
For my card I stamped the Buck image (Noble Deer) with Basic Black ink and then colored the image with Prisma Colored Pencils and blended with Gamsol. Now here in the Pacific Northwest where I live we have a type of deer called a, White Tail so I decided to color my deer with the distinctive "white tail" that are found on the deer here in our mountains.
My card base is: Always Artichoke layered with Close To Cocoa and stamped with the new (SU Woodgrain Background) stamp in CTC ink. I stamped the sentiment (SU - It's Your Birthday) with Chocolate Chip ink and added 3 Artichoke brads. I added a strip of the AA cs layered with a piece of the now retired SU Designer Paper, (Parisian Breeze). I stamped and colored the pinecones in the same manner and then layered them with foam tape in the upper left hand corner to complete the card.

3 comments:

  1. Ida, that is absolutely beautiful! I'm drawn to outdoorsy cards and this does look so much like our northwest country. I love how you added the pine bough and the new Woodgrain background. It's nice of you to mention me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! You did a terrific job coloring it and the layout is simple yet effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder why your friend bought both cards! It's absolutely stunning!
    You are so talented, Ida!

    ReplyDelete