Oct 23, 2009
BC122 - It's a Conspiracy Theory aka One Layer Cards
HIP HIP HOORAY - IT'S FRIDAY! You all know by now that means it's also Blogger Challenge day. I swear (well not really)...Okay off the subject but the other day I said, "I swear...blah, blah, blah" when Coleen pipes up with, "You swear Grandma!" so perhaps I shouldn't use that expression. Okay back to the Conspiracy Theory I'm starting to imagine. First Lisa (list mom) gives us Alter It projects and now One Layer cards...I mean what could be worse?
Seriously I stink at altering things and I'm not much better at one-layer cards.
My card today is a shameless CASE (Copy and Share/Steal Everything) from a card by the uber talented Julie Ebersole found here: There are some obvious differences because my card is not quite as vibrant as Julie's due to the muted colors I used but I think it turned out okay and hope you do as well.
Now one BIG difference is that Julie said her card was a 5MQ - Which I'm guessing means 5 Minute Quickie and let's just say this card took WAY longer then 5 minutes for me!
First I had to create a mask because I used the larger Wood grain BG stamp (SU). I had to have the mask to create a smaller area in which to stamp the background. I used a Nestabilitie Die to cut out the rectangle and then layered the mask over my card (Kraft cs - Wish I would have went lighter)and sponged on some Craft White ink and then after it had dried I stamped on the BG with Close To Cocoa ink. Then I used my Embossing Buddy before stamping the leaf spring (Papertrey Ink - Life stamp set) with More Mustard, Old Olive and a tad Really Rust Pigment ink. I then embossed with Clear EP. It took me awhile to get this done to my satisfaction. One time I stamped the sprig of leaves on the wrong side of the card (I'd already scored it) so now that's in the scrap pile hope to be used on something else. I couldn't seem to get my colors as bright as I wanted them to be so to add some color I added little jewels (Zva Creative Crystal Wheel)to the leaf sprig. I stamped the sentiment with Old Olive and Really Rust Pigment Ink and added the dots with an Old Olive marker.
Then I used some Taupe Grosgrain Ribbon (SU-retired) and tied a bow at the top. I tried Old Olive ribbon first but it seemed to bright so I went with the Taupe instead. I did not tie my ribbon on through the inside of the card because I couldn't get it to tie right so I just glued down the ends and cut the ribbon off the edge of the card stock before tying my faux bow.
And there you have it my attempt at a One-Layer card...Now go check out the other BC members blogs to see what they have created for this challenge. You can do so by clicking on the BC Icon on my sidebar.