WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Nov 4, 2010

Say it with...Hold A Candle

Hi!  Welcome to Annabelle's Say It With....Challenge.  This week we are showcasing the stamp set: (Hold A Candle).  I have 2 cards to share today so let's get started.

For my first card I chose the current MojoMonday sketch:
As you can see I rotated the sketch to fit my images.  Isn't it wonderful you can interpret the sketch in different ways.

My card base is: Chocolate Chip layered with Cherry Cobbler and some Plaid Designer Paper (Cosmo Cricket-Mr. Campy line).  I stamped the Balloons on Very Vanilla Card Stock and colored them with Prisma Color Pencils.  The balloons and the strings were highlighted with a Clear Spica Glitter pen (doesn't show in the photo :o( though.)  I added a Loopy Border at the bottom and double tied some Soft Green Satin Ribbon.  The sentiment was stamped with Chocolate Chip ink and I added 3 Chili Sprinkles underneath it.

My second card was actually the first card I made for this challenge but I wasn't sure it showed off the stamps from the set all that well so I made the other one as well using different stamps from the set.

For this card all the card stock & dp is exactly the same except I used Close to Cocoa for the card base.  It's hard to tell in the scan but the cobbler layered were embossed with the Swiss Dot embossing folder and I added a strip done using a Chain Punch across the layer.   

You can see how using the same papers but different stamps and layouts can really change up your cards.

Now remember you can participate in this challenge.  We'd love for you to use the set, (Hold a Candle) but if you don't own it "yet" then feel free to use another set as long as it uses a Candle somewhere on the card.  All challenge cards are eligible for the $20 voucher given away at the end of the month.

Be sure to check out the DT cards.  I've seen them and they are fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you have been busy Ida. LOVE both your cards!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAY!!! put plaid and Martha punches and you have me! Great cards and love your take on Mojo this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Ida I love them both!!! Great cards, that check is delish too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both cards you've created Ida! The colours are great and layouts fantastic!
    Have a wonderful weekend :)
    Andrea
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think both of the cards look great! I really like how you was inspired by MOJO Sketch. Love the dimension you gave on your second card!
    Really like the new blogger header! What a beautiful fall picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ida,
    Love, love, love both your cards and the DP you used, simply gorgeous!
    Love your Banner, just stunning!

    I hope your well!
    Take care, Hugs,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete