WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 6, 2008

BCG - Wk 50 - It is all, "Black and White!"




What a great challenge! - I have always been drawn to cards done in the colors, Black and White as they just have a "crispness" about them that really draws the eye to them. Naturally when Lisa (our coordinator) posted this weeks challenge I was pretty excited about it and went our right away and bought some stuff that was related to the theme. Then I looked for card layouts that I liked and found one done by Julie Campbell http://stampedinhisimage.blogspot.com/ in the June/July issue of Paper Crafts magazine (Pg. 22). I just checked Julie's blog and couldn't locate the card there but if you have a copy of the magazine you can check out her really fun card and the great sketch she used. Thanks Julie for the inspiration.


I am also sharing a 2nd card today that I had published in (The Stamper's Sampler) magazine 10 years ago!!! - It was for a Black and White challenge as well and was my very first card to have ever been published. - What's funny now is how I've seen the change in the progression of my stamping abilities over the years but I still think it's a pretty cool card.
I've included a close up on my second card so you can see hopefully some of the sparkle that this card has. It's so hard to capture in a photo but in real life it's very pretty.

Card One: Stamps: Teapot by NumNums. Star and Swirl by Judi-Kins
I used White EP on this card and then filled in the stars with White Glitter.
Card Two: Stamps: Live Your Dream (SU) Sentiment from Hero Arts Clear Design Anytime Messages
Card Stock and paper: Basic Black, Whisper White (SU) Designer Paper, Doodlebug (White Bouquet)
Other: Acrylic Frame by Making Memories, Black Diamond EP from Judi-Kins, White Satin and Diamonds EP by Embossing Arts Co. Tiny White Brads by Queen and Co., 3 For You Flower Punch (SU), Black Spica Glitter Pen, White rickrack, Cutter kit for distressing, Foam Mounting tape.
I hope you've enjoyed this challenge as much as I did and be sure to check out all the other great cards/projects by clicking on the Bloggers Challenge icon on the right side of my sidebar.

25 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that tea pot is adorable! Thanks for sharing 3 beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ida, these are both fabulous cards. I can see why the one was published....it's fantastic. Great job with the challenge, and thanks for sharing all of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the acrylic frame. What a great idea! Both cards are pretty, but I like this one best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing cards Ida. I love both of them. I love black and white, and I think you've mastered this color challenge extremely well. Beautiful, just beaituful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! Love the layout and the stamps you chose to use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are all great! I especially like the teapot! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cards! I agree that my stamping abilities have changed quite a bit...your first one to be published was pretty awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 lovely cards, Ida! I really really love the 2nd one....great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You outdid yourself this week, Ida! Love your cards! I really like how the flower and butterfly look like framed art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have done 2 wonderful cards this week...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your teapot card! How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are wonderful! I love both of them! They are just so delightful and have such a cheerful feel! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards as always Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ida, both cards are fabulous. You would never guess that the one is 10 years old. Timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! Totally in love with these! I can't decide which I like best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sweet sweet cards Ida............well done!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it fun to look at our work from long ago. Both cards due justice to this challenge.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, Ida! I love how you combined floral images and patterns on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both cards are great. You are right about how much our stamping changes, fun to look back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE them!!! They look gorgeous! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGosh, these cards are amazing, Ida! I love all your details! Gorgeous, gorgeous! Wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW Ida, now I know who to go to for black & white inspiration. You are all over this one. Great cards, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this Black and White Cards... Look so beautiful!!!
    Good Job!!!

    ReplyDelete