WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 9, 2008

Cattitude Monday - Egyptian Cats



Good Morning...Stretch, Yawn....Go get another cup of coffee...Yep it's Monday morning and time for this weeks installment of Cattitude Monday - No stamped card this week as I didn't have time to stamp this weekend.

Instead I am sharing a (Gasp) ©Hallmark card that I bought way back in 1989 just because I liked it. The artist for the card is listed as, Sally Madden. I like this card for a number of reasons. First I like the raised embossing of the cat and the gold embossed trees on the bottom. I have no clue what the hieroglyphics mean but they lend an obvious Egyptian feel to this card. Which in turn reminds me of a saying on a T-shirt that I like:

"In Ancient Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods...Cat's have Never Forgotten This." - So true.

The piece next to the card is a stencil of a cat that I did years ago (probably in 1989) as it was inspired by this card. For some reason I just have never gotten around to putting this on a card. Can't seem to figure out what to do with it. Any suggestions? - I used stencil paste on the cat after it was embossed and then painted it with some Pearlescent Acrylic paints that have now dried up in their jars (bummer) after years of none use.

So that's my entry today. Remember if you have a Cattitude Monday card to share please post a link to your card in the comments section on this entry. I'd like to see people start posting their cat creations and hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment