WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jan 31, 2009

Hello Birdie

Oh I am so excited about this weeks Cupcake Friday sketch over on Taylor's Blog http://tayloredexpressions.blogspot.com/2009/01/taylored-expressions-cupcake-challenge_30.html  - First it's a really great sketch and 2nd I am more then happy with the card I created for the sketch (toot, toot) - Hey once in awhile we just have to toot our own horn!                        My first order of the new SU Catalog arrived Friday night and I had a chance to play today.  I just think these little birds from (Cheep Talk) are just so adorably cute.  I couldn't wait to ink them up.                       For this card I stamped the branches with Kiwi Kiss ink and then stamped my birds with Pacific Point ink.  Next I stamped the birds again (on Whisper White and cut out jsut the birds bodies and layered them over the main image with foam mounting tape.  Then I stamped them again on Bashful Blue card stock with the Pacific Point ink and cut out the wing and raised it up with foam mounting tape.  I then added 2 punched flowers in Summer Sun and 2 small green brads (Queen and Co.) to the flower centers.  I mounted this image onto Summer Sun card stock.  The hardest part for me was cutting "outside the box" with my birds but I managed it.
The sentiment was stamped with the Pacific Point ink as well.
I used my new, Good Morning Sunshine designer paper and layered that onto some Pacific Point cs that I punched with the new Eyelet Border punch.  I added some White Grosgrain ribbon (American Crafts) and a 1/4" punched circle of Summer Sun and a small blue brad. This was layered onto Kiwi Kiss stamped with the Canvas Background stamp in Kiwi Kiss ink and layered to the base card of Pacific Point. At the top I added 3 Dew Drops.  I just love the nice Spring feel of this card and believe me I am so ready for Spring and I hope this card gets you in the mood for some Springtime weather and fun too.  Don't forget to visit Taylor's Blog and check out the other cards being made using this sketch. 

9 comments:

  1. Ida, I can see why you're so excited. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ida! This card is fantastic!!! LOVE it! The stamp is so cute!!! And you are right it is ideal for this sketch!!!
    Love all the detailed work you have done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love the new set and the great colors. Looks really nice with Taylor's sketch! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ida!! Your card is adorable. . .the images are so cute. The birdss are so adorable and I just love how the wings are 3D. You did a fabulous job on the challenge and I really love the pretty border and colors!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable -- love those birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute, Ida! Love the colors and the images... love it all! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love your colors and those birds are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Look at this beautiful card with the fabulous new birdies! I'm so jealous! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Ida!! What a wonderful card! What a wonderful blog....your's has become one of my favorite places to visit....thanks for the smiles and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete