WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 16, 2008

Happy Birthday With Sprinkles on Top






The (Stamp Girls Gone Wild) or more commonly known as SGGW have been at it again with another "Mystery Image" swap. This time we were sent this Cupcake image by (Just Johanna) stamps.


I chose my color scheme from this piece of Basic Grey designer paper: Cupcake/cake & ice cream that I recently purchased and the ribbon (American Crafts).


My Card base is: Green Gable then I layered it with Bashful Blue and the piece of designer paper and Pretty in Pink (I ran through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dot Embossing Folder) and added the striped ribbon and pierced the edges using the Cutter Kit.


My focal image was colored with Prismacolored Pencils blended with Gamsol. I cut out the strawberry and highlighted it with a Red Spica Glitter pen and raised it up with foam mounting tape. Then I added some "sprinkles" by cutting very tiny pieces of Chocolate Chip card stock and added sparkle to them with a Clear Spica Glitter pen before gluing them down. I cut my image out using a Marvy Circle punch and layered it to a larger circle of So Saffron that I cut out with a Nestabilities Die. The sentiment Kristen sent us I cut apart and used part on the front and the rest on the inside of the card. I mounted it on Gable Green and added 2 pink brads then raised everything up with the foam mounting tape.


For the inside I used the rest of the sentiment and then punched out a cupcake from the designer paper and added the same sprinkles that I did on my main image.


This was a really fun card to receive and to make. Hope you enjoy it.

6 comments:

  1. This is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cupcake looks great with that paper! love the "sprinkle" on the top of hte cupcake, and so cute with the cupcake inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable!! I absolutely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so cute and so yummy!!! Great colors (again) I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your SGGW card. So much fun playing with anything you want to. Your background paper is adorable. Cute cute cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cte card - love the way you used the background paper

    ReplyDelete