WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jan 16, 2009

My Funny Valentine - BC 82

Time for another Bloggers Challenge and this time was, (Same but Different) which can be interpreted many ways.  We could use the same stamps but different layouts,  Same layout but different stamps,  different techniques, colors/papers etc...as long as something was the same on each card.    I chose to use the same layout for both my cards but different stamps, papers and embellishments. My first card is also a Mystery Image for the Stamp Girls Gone Wild group I belong too.  Since Kerry is a member of both groups she's bound to see this card before she gets it.  Sue Davis was the Hostess this time around and she sent this cute Penguin image from Memory Box.  As an added "twist" to the challenge she also sent each participant a piece of Designer Paper that we had to use somewhere on our card.  We could use all the paper or just a piece of it but somewhere on our card we had to use the paper she sent.  My piece is from the SU collection called, Spring Showers which is now retired.  I must admit to not being thrilled with the paper I received but after I got my card going it all fell into place and I really like how it turned out.
My card base is:  Close to Cocoa that I layered with Barely Banana edged in Chocolate Chip ink.  Then I layered a piece of Bashful Blue card stock that I ran part way through the Cuttlebug with the Hearts embossing folder and layered on my piece of designer paper.  I added a piece of Chocolate Chip twill ribbon.  I colored the penguins boxer shorts with Prismacolor Pencils and cut them out and layered them on the main image.  This was then layered to a circle of Whisper White and a Scallop of Barely Banana edged in the Chocolate Chip ink and pierced.  I added 3 small circles of Close to Cocoa with 3 small hearts punched in Bashful Blue (punch source unknown).  Then I stamped the sentiment (SU Holidays and Wishes) in Close to Cocoa ink and used a stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds to create the spatters to match those in the paper.  The sentiment and focal image were raised with foam mounting tape.
For my second card I chose to use the adorable Skunk image from SU Pun Fun.  I stamped him in Palette Noir Black ink on Whisper White card stock and colored him with Copic Markers.  I masked the image and sponged in some grass with Kiwi Kiss ink.  Then I added a small red brad to the flower center and highlighted the petals with a Clear Spica Glitter Pen for some shimmer.  My card base is: Ridinghood Red layered with Certainly Celery and Pink Pirouette ran through the Cuttlebug with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder.  My designer paper is from Kaisercraft.  I added 3 circles of Certainly Celerty and 3 light pink heart brads.  The sentiment was stamped with Ridinghood Red ink.  I used Ridinghood Red Taffeta.
So there you have it 2 cards with the same layout but different stamps/colors - Now go check out the other members blogs and see what they created for this fun challenge.  You can do so by clicking on the Bloggers Icon on my sidebar.
 

20 comments:

  1. Sooo sweet! Love the layout you chose and the DP looks fabulous!....I've always had a soft spot for the skunk image! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout! Love the texture that the cuttlebug adds. Cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida, love the layouts, and you did such a nice job with your challenge. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards for this challenge. Don't you just love using the same layout...it makes quick work of card creation, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute cards! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just TOO CUTE!!! fabby job on today's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh these are DELIGTHFUL!!!! I love the two sets! Great job the challenge, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are adorable, Ida. I just love that little skunk and it's good to see the Spring Showers paper again. It was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Ida, love the penguin card. Mine is almost complete.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card layout for both cards! Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ida--these are adorable--I still have some of that Spring paper socked away. You did a great job on both cards.
    Mine will be posted in just a bit.
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful layout - cute cards. They both turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are delightful Ida! I just love that little skunk! He always makes me smile! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mom would flip over both these cards. She loves penguins and skunks. Great layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CUTE!!! I love that little Memory Box guy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic layout, Ida! Such cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute cards and great color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are absolutely adorable Ida!
    I love how you played with one sketch and two different stamps! I love the sentiment tag!
    CB embossing looks so pretty!
    Hope you and your family are doing fine! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are just fabulous! Great job, simple layouts, easy to reproduce is the way to go! I really love these!

    ReplyDelete