WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

May 21, 2009

3CT Country Chicken




Welcome to Three Clover Thursday Challenge day. - This week our challenge was (Black, White and one other color). I must admit that I struggled with this a great deal. Oh don't get me wrong I love Black/White together but when I started working on my card ideas my "Mojo" just wasn't there. I wanted to try and use something other then (Red) as my extra color
since that is quite often a combo that you see together. I started out with something totally different but didn't like it and then I decided to just go with the Black, White and Red color combo anyway. Then I wanted to use the Cupcake Friday sketch from Taylor' blog but nothing I was putting together was working. I worked until midnight on Monday and finally gave up. Then Tuesday morning I decided to go with this idea and it suddenly came together. I'm not sure where my Designer Paper is from but I like the "Country" feel it has so I decided to use the Rooster Image from the retired SU set, (Provencal) and I like how it all turned out. My flower was originally white but I dyed it black. (Note to self....Wear Gloves next time!!!) - I added Prima Flowers, a large Red Gingham brad, and black brads to complete my card.
Okay so you see TWO cards here. My second card is one that I say in the magazine that SU Demo's receive and I just changed the color scheme to fit the challenge and added a couple of touches that weren't on the sample show. If you have any questions on how either of these cards were made feel free to email me and ask. Don't forget to visit the other Design Team members blogs and check out there cards as well.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! These cards are a real inspiration! I would never make this challenge! I love the Rooster card! So elegant looking! Love the red color in it! And your second card is so gentle and very beautiful!!! Am

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fabulous, Ida! I LOVE those silhouette flowers stamped on the designer paper! Very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are FABULOUS, Ida! I LOVE the rooster one particularly! FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful. Love the rustic look to the Rooster, and the CAS look of the Silhouette Flowers.

    ReplyDelete