WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 10, 2007

Baroque Beauty


I took Michelle (Twisted Chick Creations) up on her challenge to use the following color combination: More Mustard, Pale Plum & one of the up coming "In Colors" Wild Wasabi to create this card. You can find Michelle's great card here: http://www.twisted-chick.blogspot.com/


For my card I used the new Baroque Motifs from the Fall Preview brochure.

My card baseis Wild Wasabi layered with more mustard. I stamped the Pale Plum piece first with the Fine Lace background stamp in Pale Plum ink and stamped the small flower from the Baroque Motifs set over the top of the fine lace background. Next I stamped the large Flourish in Basic Black Ink.


I used my Slit Punch to create the large mustard scallop which I pierced with my Crafter's Tool Kit and layered a smaller strip of Wild Wasabi & Pale Plum to that and added 3 of the new square Fire brads from the preview brochure. I stamped the sentiment on the side with black ink.


I stamped the flower like circle with black ink on Wild Wasabi cardstock & cut it out and layered it to a larger circle of More Mustard card stock that I distressed with my Cutter Kit. I added a lavender circle brad (Ice brads from Preview brochure) to the center of the flower and mounted this on my card with mounting tape.


At first I thought Michelle is "nuts" using this combination together but she's "Right On" as this color combination looks fabulous together. Thanks Michelle for a great challenge & color combo.


Enjoy, Ida

4 comments:

  1. Oohh - love it Ida!! I didn't order this set, but with all the samples...it is definitely added to my next order!! Love how you added the bling here too! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a gorgeous card! I love these new stamp sets. Guess I'd better make a list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Ida!

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Ida - thanks for taking me up on my challenge! You card has such a nice soft look - it's just gorgous!

    ReplyDelete