WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 30, 2007

Bohemian Clothing Inspired




Every now & then when I get the chance I like to try the challenges over on Split Coast Stampers. Today's inspiration challenge was to create something that was inspired by this piece of clothing. It seems that Bohemian is very "in" these days.

For my card I chose to go with the colors of the shirt as close as possible. I used a card sketch from a card that is in the latest addition of the Stamp It Cards (see my blog giveaway post) on Pg. 8 that Julia Stainton created. Thanks Julia for the inspiration.
Card base is: Chocolate Chip with Rustic Chic background paper (The Angel Co.) and a strip of Blush Blossom stamped with the Paisley BG in Groovy Guava ink. I also added a strip of Blush Blossom that I scalloped using my slit punch. I scored the top of the card & added a row of Blush Blossom eyelets.
I actually got out my sewing machine that I haven't used since High School and sewed a border on the bottom. I'm so proud of myself for trying this. I also practice the zigzag stitch but didn't include that on my card.
My floral image was colored with markers, Taken With Teal, Green Galore, Certainly Celery & Chocolate Chip and the sentiment was stamped in Chocolate Chip. I layered this to 2 scalloped squares glued together to form a rectangle and covered the seam line with Twistel. I added Chocolate chip accents around the scallop & highlighted the flowers with Waterfall Stickles, then mounted this onto my card. The flower at the bottom is from the new Hostess set: In The Spotlight. I stamped it with Groovy Guava on Blush Blossom and cut it out then cut part of it off before gluing it onto my card.
I like how this turned out. Don't forget to enter my blog candy post but be sure to leave your comments only on that post and not this one. Ida

1 comment:

  1. Well now, I really like both! I'll take the shirt and the card!

    Hugs to you Ida
    Julie

    ReplyDelete