WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 25, 2007

Two Birds With One Stone


Today I decided to "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak (isn't that an awful saying?) by combining two different challenges. I did the sketch challenge again for the Beach Blogger Bingo game going on over at Poetic Aritstry (see previous posts for the link) and also did the Try A New Technique on SCS. We were to create LONG card (Legal Envelope size) using Retiring stamp sets.
I chose the set, The Cats Meow & the Cheesecloth Background stamp (I'm going to miss that one) for my card. I also decided to use some retiring background paper & ribbon on my card as well.

Card Base: Bashful Blue, Other colors used: Pumpkin Pie & Gable Green.

My cat image was stamped with Basic Black ink & colored with Prisma color pencils and blended with gamsol and a blending stump. I added some Crystal Effects to the water droplets for a fun little touch. I cut this out & mounted it onto the Gable Green & Bashful blue pieces which were punch with a Mega Circle & Giga Scalloped punch and pierced with my Crafter's Tool Kit. I also used one of my border stamps (Gina K Designs) on the Gable Green Piece.

The row of cats was stamped with Pumpkin Ink & layered to the Gable Green & Bashful blue pieces. I stamped the Cheesecloth background on the pumpkin pie piece and added a piece of the Petal Patch Designer Series paper (Spring Mini I believe) and then added 3 Green Galore Brads and Tied a piece of French Blue Grosgrain ribbon onto the card and stamped the sentiment in Basic Black.
I had a hard time trying to get a decent photograph of this card but hopefully you can see it well enough.
So long to (gone but not forgotten) to The Cat's Meow & Cheesecloth Background. - Ida


3 comments:

  1. Your flowers are simply GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing those pictures at the top of your posts! This is such a cute card - too bad SU! is getting rid of SO many wonderful stamp sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love long cards and that set is a fave of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card...I just love that silly cat! I found your blog through a comment left on mine...and I am just so happy. You have lots of wonderful stuff here...and I will be back often. (Don't you just love Julee's Beach Bingo?)

    ReplyDelete