Oct 29, 2007
I started with a card base of Basic Black and added a layer of Pumpkin Pie. The next layer is Basic Gray that I ran part way through my Cuttlebug machine and then highlighted the circles with a white craft pad. I added a strip of the Creepy Crawly designer paper as well. I stamped the greeting & Witch with Basic Gray ink and colored my witch with various markers (Really Rust, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Gable Green, Blush Blossom). I then punched the witch out using a 1 3/8" circle punch and distressed the edges with Mustard & Summer Sun Ink.
Next I punched out a larger circle (2 1/8" - McGill) from textured More Mustard Card stock and a punched star of Pumpkin Pie. I edged the star with Pumpkin pie ink and mounted it onto the mustard circle with foam mounting tape. Then I added 3 black brads. When I glued the witch image down I tried to make the mustard circle look like a crescent moon. This piece was then mounted to the card using the foam dimensional tape to complete the card.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone.!!!
Oct 26, 2007
I had just got the 5-Petal punch yesterday and decided I would use it for my card. I started by punching 2 flowers on some light-weight cardboard and then punch 2 more flowers on designer paper (SU Dashing) and glued them on top of my cardboard flowers. - Then I sponged the edges with some Purely Pomegranate ink and highlighted them with Frosted Lace stickles. I layered them on top of each other to form my Poinsettia and added a Rhinestone brad (SU Fire Collection) to the center. Then I punched 2 small ovals from another piece of the DP and shaped them to form my leaves which I also distressed with some Old Olive ink.
My card base is Real Red layered with Old Olive that I stamped the (SU Aida Cloth BG) stamped and distressed the edges. To that I added a layer of the Striped DP. Then I cut a strip with decorative scalloped scissors (Fiskar) of the Red Dotted DP and stamped the sentiment in Old Olive ink. I glued this down on some Real Red card stock and used the decorative scissors to cut a border of red card stock under the designer paper. Then I added a piece of Red Grosgrain ribbon and used dimensional tape to raise my Poinsettia up. I added large photo corners (Photo Corner Punch) also stamped in the Aida Cloth BG with Old Olive ink and added a Red Brad to the corner, then mounted them with the foam dimensional tape to complete my card.
I think it turned out pretty cute. - We had a couple of new members join this week so be sure to check out their creations as well. I've added their names to the Blogger's Challenge Roll on the sidebar on my blog.
Oct 21, 2007
Last week was my monthly Stamper's 10 Club meeting so I thought I would share with you the cards we made at the meeting.
I try to keep my stamp club cards a little less complicated then some of my other cards due to the time frame that would be needed to create more elaborate cards/projects. We usually do just 2 cards per meeting. Even then it's often close to 10:00 pm before the last one leaves & I start cleaning up. It's FUN though.
For this card I started with a base of More Mustard and stamped the Large Swirl from (Priceless) in the lower right hand corner with Basic Gray ink. Then in the upper right hand corner I stamped the sentiment (All Holidays) with Versa Mark ink.
Next a smaller piece of Old Olive was stamped with the Polka Dot background stamp in Craft White. I added a strip of Basic Gray card stock stamped with the Aida Cloth background stamp and Basic Gray ink. Then I punched out a scallop of Old Olive, pierced it. The butterfly from (Pricless) was stamped with More Mustard on Whisper White twice. Then one was punched out with the 1 3/8" circle punch and the other was cut out & layered to the punched one with a piece of foam mounting tape so that the wings could be liften up.
Oct 18, 2007
We are now on Week 17 of the challenges and this week was "Inspiration" week where we create projects that were inspired by something in nature, a picture, magazine article, piece of clothing, even another card project done by someone else.
#2 - Karen Okerlund's card for the portion of the Apple Bucket.
#3 - The Stampin' Success magazine card for the layout of my card.
Oct 12, 2007
Ornaments for our projects. I have to say that I am very CHALLENGED in this department as I tend to mainly be a card maker and so seldom get out of that mode to make something other then a card. Also this week has been an extremely BUSY week for me. I've had something going on every day of the week and just didn't have the time nor the energy to come up with an Ornament idea.
Plus I have limited supplies on hand with which to create an ornament as well and the idea that I had needed a few things that I didn't have. So where is leading to....well let's just say I am presenting an OLD idea that I actually made last year. I was challenged by this tutorial (Amanda Sewell) http://inkspirations.blogspot.com/2006/11/its-here-tutorial-for-pinecone-balls.html created and I actually managed to make ONE of these which I hung on our Christmas tree last year. It was certainly a labor of love as I had sore fingers from pushing in all the pins this ornament requires and working with a thimble isn't my forte either so needless to say I didn't make any more of these babies after the first one. Still it was fun & I did like how it turned out.
If I find time later this month to come up with another ornament idea I will post it as well but for now this will have to do for my challenge entry this week.
Please check out the other Blogger's Challenge groups blogs (listed in my side bar) to see what they have come up with for this challenge. I know you won't be disappointed.