Jan 4, 2008

In Love with Pink & Brown





This is my very first card of 2008! - When I saw that the challenge for the Bloggers Challenge Group was a color challenge and that the colors were Pink & Brown I just knew I had to create a card for this challenge. I had the "perfect" paper sitting in my storage cabinet so I got it out and started trying to figure out how I was going to use it.


I looked through my February issue of Crafts n Things (the magazine that bought The Rubber Stamper) and I found a really cute card on page 91 by Stephanie David that I really liked so I went with her layout idea for my card.


I started with a card base of Pretty In Pink (one of my favorites as it's so soft & delicate). Then I added a layer of the Paisley print (Making Memories) and topped that with a scalloped punched border (Fiskars) of Pixie Pink and some Brown satin ribbon (American Crafts). I had purchased a Paisley Heart stamp (Hero Arts) a couple of years back and figured it would be perfect for the designer paper I used. I stamped the heart with Pixie Pink ink on Very Vanilla and cut it out. Then I stamped the "Love" sentiment (Hero Arts) with Chocolate Chip ink. I layered this on Pretty in Pink card stock with a layer of Chocolate Chip & two brown brads (Not sure who these are from anymore). I love how it turned out & hope you do as well.


Make sure you check out the other challenge members blogs to see their work. I am off to do that myself! It's good to be back again. Happy 2008 to everyone!

17 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is a wonderful card. I just adore this week's challenge because pink & browns together are one of my very favorite color combinations.

astampingteddy said...

GREAT card! I love the designer paper and the scallop border...
Claudia

Gerrie said...

Very pretty!

Stefanie said...

Very pretty Ida! I love the patterned paper you used.

Connie said...

Love your card, Ida...that paper is awesome!

Connie said...

P.S. I have a card in that February issue of Craft N Things...did you see it?

Nikki said...

What a beautiful card! I love that paper! {SMILES}

Lisa Bohler said...

Just gorgeous! Great layout choice and love the "extras" you chose!

Lori said...

So very pretty! I love the paisley patterned paper and the detailed scalloped border piece.

amycara said...

wonderful card! TFS!

Beckie said...

Love it!! I will be casing this one..:o)

MJ said...

Love it. Very pretty.

rozie640 said...

Love your card and the adorable New Year picture!!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh that scallop border makes this PERFECT!

Barbara said...

What a wonderful card! Isn't pink and brown a fabulous color combo?!! You did a fabulous job with it....AND I happen to have that background paper. Will definitely need to CASE your creation!!

tonistamps said...

Love that paisley paper Ida!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the paper you used on this! Great job!