WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jan 14, 2008

Always - On My Mind



The very first set that caught my attention in the Spring/Summer catalog was (Always). I loved the elegant look of the heart and the bird image is so pretty. I wanted to make a Valentine card with this set and found this great card by, juliemlacey here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/770839?cat=12461 and decided to "CASE" it.

I changed a few of the details but it's pretty much her card idea and I wanted to give her the credit & the "thanks" since I'll be using this for one of my Stamp Club projects this week.

The card base is Whisper White with a layer of Purely Pomegranate and then a layer of Basic Gray card stock. I added the piercing at the top and bottom of the gray piece using the Crafter's Tool Kit. Next I added a layer of Bali Breeze Designer Paper (those flowers are just so pretty) and tied some Gray Satin ribbon around it. I'd been wanting to use that ribbon since I first bought it so this was a great time to do so. I also added the 3 silver brads and stamped the sentiment with Basic Gray ink. Since there are no markers in the Pomegranate and Basic Gray inks I had to stamp 2 separate hearts and cut out the Gray one and layered it over the Pomegranate one. Then I raised this up on dimensional tape to complete my card.

I'll be sharing another card with this set tomorrow so be sure to check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment