This week the Blogger's Challenge group has, "Gone Buggy" with their challenge. Our assignment was to use (Bugs or Insects) on our project. This week I actually had time to make TWO cards for this challenge.
The inspiration for my first card came from two sources. The layout (or sketch) is from Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch http://poeticartistry.blogspot.com/2008/07/mojo-monday-week-45-mojo-madness.html
The other part of my inspiration came from a scrap piece of Vellum that I've been saving for some time now. I'm not even sure who makes/or made this particular printed piece of vellum. It was printed in white and I brayered on the color using my Caribbean Sea Kaleidacolor Rainbow pad.
I layered the Vellum onto a piece of Gable Green card stock that I had embossed using my new Eyelet Lace Embossing Punch (Fiskars). I added a strip of Green Galore to the top and pierced it using my Crafter's Tool kit. Then I embossed the sentiment (Hero Arts) using my VersaMark pad and Bold Black EP. This was layered onto some textured Green Galore card stock and my card base of Basic Black.
I stamped the Dragonfly (Close To My Heart) twice with the Kaleidacolor pad on Whisper White card stock and highlighted it with a Clear Spica Glitter Pen for some subtle shimmer. I cut out all of the 2nd dragonfly except the antennae and glued it down over the first image. The wings were raised slightly by using a small piece of foam mounting tape tucked under the wings. Green rickrack (JoAnn Essentials) was added to the corners and 3 green brads (Queen and Company)to complete the card.
Card #2 features absolutely NO stamping at all! - I found this adorable bug dimensional sticker (Debbie Mumm for JoAnn) and fell in love with them and just had to make a card using one of the stickers. I chose the Grasshopper and paired it with some patterned paper (also Debbie Mumm) that already had shimmery highlights in the stripes.
My card base is Only Orange layered with Green Galore and the Designer Paper. I added a strip of Only Orange that I cut using some zigzag scissor (SU-retired). Then I added some piercing and a strip of Brilliant Blue with a row of brads (Queen and Company). The sentiment was computer generated using (SU Journaling Font 1 - PittyPat). I also added a Prima flower with a center of Green Galore and a small orange brad. This just makes me feel good and I hope it does you as well.
Don't forget to go a little "buggy" yourself and check out all the other projects by clicking on the Bloggers Challenge icon on my side bar.