Aug 5, 2010

Say it with Cream

Hello and welcome to this weeks Annabelle Challenge: 
Say it in...Cream.

  Once again I'm going to have to say this was a bit of a "challenge" for me.  I don't have many papers or embellishments that are cream colored so I had to dig through my paper stash to find something I felt was suitable for the challenge.

I chose a patter from Cratepaper.com, (Crate Avenue Collection - Glam).  So yes my card is actually Cream and Gray but I think it works.




I'm using this weeks current Mojo Monday sketch for this card.  This is a very different sketch then I woul normally follow so again another "challenge.

My card base is:  Very Vanilla (that counts as cream doesn't it?) Then I layered some Basic Gray cs brushed with a Vanilla Craft pad and embossed apiece of creamy/beige paper (DCWV) with the Textile Textured embossing folder.  I added the panels of Basic Gray and Crate paper with some Cream Twill ribbon (JoAnn Essentials) along with Black Currant Sprinkles.  The flowers and sentiment (Floral Silhouettes - ABS020) were embossed using Opaque Vanilla EP from Annabelle Stamps.  I added a Scalloped border of Vanilla Card Stock and punched the border of the DP using my Scroll and Dots punch (EK Success).  To finish off the card I added 3 Cream Hearts (Annabelle Stamps).  I think this cad has a nice elegant feel to it.

Be sure to check out what the other DT members did using the color Cream.
Also don't forget you still have a week left to make a card for the current Annabelle Sketch challenge.  There is a PRIZE up for grabs so get your entry in as soon as possible.


7 comments:

Allison said...

Gorgeous! I saw another card today in this palette and now I wanna make something! Kids, go to sleep already!

Rene' Sharp said...

Great cream card Ida!!! Hope you are keeping well. Congrats on your new DT news! xx

Patti J said...

Lol...guess that's why they call them 'challenges'...!!! I think your card is sheer perfection, Ida! It turned out so beautifully, and I love how you used the Mojo sketch. That sketch would have stumped me, but you rocked it! Great job - thanks for sharing!!!

maryr917 said...

this is a great card, ida-you handled the crea mchallenge well-love your take on the mojo sketch
I am at the beach this wek in north carolina with my family

Elena said...

Fabulous card! You did a great job with the color challenge and MOJO sketch!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for playing Mojo!

cindy said...

Love what you've done with that sketch. I looked at it and was beside myself on what to do. Yours is great.