WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 24, 2007

Blogger Bingo - Bold & Bright Birthday Wishes



Well we are now into Round 3 of the Blogger Bingo game over at Poetic Artistry where Julee has been challenging the players to create cards using a "Master Sketch" - There is a new sketch for this round so this is my first card using that sketch. I had a lot of fun with this card but there is very little stamping on it. Only the Sentiment and the Silver Polka Dots are stamped.
I started with Old Olive, Real Red & YoYo Yellow as my color combination. (I like bright colors). Then since I had this really COOL designer paper (We Are Memory Keepers) that I've been dying to use I and it matched my color scheme I went with it. This DP has metallic accents in it so I also used Brushed Silver card stock as an accent piece.

For this card I used my Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Spots n Dots) to emboss the YoYo Yellow piece. I then layered my striped piece of designer paper to that & added a strip of Old Olive that I had stamped the Polka Dot BG (Cornish Heritage Farms) with Detail Silver EP.

I recently purchased the new On Board Blossoms & Basics chipboard from the Preview catalog (SU) and decided to use one of the flowers for my focal image. I used Lipstick Red Chalk Ink & Yellow Citrus Chalk ink (Colorbox) to dye the chipboard pieces. Then I added Lemone' Glitter (Art Institute) to the yellow center piece to give it some sparkle & glue on a silver flower charm (source unknown) to the center. I layered this to a piece of Old Olive cut with my Mega Circle Punch & layered to a pierced Giga Scalloped piece of Brushed Silver card stock.

The sentiment is from, Sincere Salutations (SU) and was stamped with Garden Green ink on Old Olive card stock & punched out with the Tag Punch and then glued down to the striped piece. The main focal image was raised up with foam mounting tape.

This card has a lot of texture going on it it and very bold bright colors. I hope you like it. Ida

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ida, I love your card - for some reason I am drawn more & more to those bold, bright colors. They are fun to make, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - love how you used the chipboard flower!! also love the pp!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love that chipboard flower.

    ReplyDelete