WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 18, 2008

Whale of a Good Time




Inspiration comes in many forms and for this challenge on SSUS (Sensational SU Swappers) we were given this very "colorful" cake as our inspiration point.

Wow! There is a lot going on here with this yummy cake. We were told we could be inspired by the colors, the stars, the flowers, etc...just as long as we were inspired by the cake in our creation.

I just loved the bright cheerful colors of this cake and decided to use them as the inspiration for my card. I had thought about using some punched out flowers and stars but when I decided on my focal image I just knew that flowers and stars were not going to work. Instead I went with the circles that are on the sparkler sticks (that's what they remind me of) on the cake.

Recently I bought some really fun designer paper (just one sheet - can you believe that!) and since it had the colors of the inspiration cake I went with that. At first glance if you look at the paper a certain way you think it's balloons but once you look more closely you discover that it is indeed covered with these adorable and very colorful little "whales." With that in mind I went with this whale from Silly Sealife (now retired). I colored my whale with chalks (Stampin Pastels) and cut it out using my Nestabilities Dies.

My sentiment is from Hero Arts and it is one that I just love because it teaches us to let loose once in awhile and just have some good old fashioned FUN!

Details: Card Stock: Green Galore, Gable Green, Only Orange, Pink Passion, Whisper White & Desiger Paper (K and Co. - Whales Flat Paper).

Ink: Basic Black, Markers: Basic Black, Pink Passion

Other: Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Bubbles), 1/2 " and 3/4" circle punches, Green Brads (Queen and Co.), Corner Rounder punch, Orange Peel Stickles, Dew Drops and foam mounting tape.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That had to be hard to come up with!!! It would take me forever!!! This card is amazing and it does favor the cake:) !!! I LOVE the card! The whale is so so cute!!! Perfect colors, awesome paper! Great job!!! ((do the nestibilities work in the cuttlebug ???))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, IDA! You really rocked that challenge. I just love the layout for this and all of the bright color. T-riffic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida, this is so stinkin' cute. I loved this challenge too, it fired up my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!.....awesome take on the challenge! Luvin' those bright colours!! Just blurfing around and found your blog - great creations!

    ReplyDelete