WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 30, 2007

Colorful Autumn


This card is was for a Color Combo challenge that I participated in on another stamp group that I belong to. The colors we were to use were: Only Orange, Taken With Teal & Green Galore (or Gable Green) - They are an unusual color combination but once you combine them they really do look nice together.

For my card I chose to use Autumn Apparitions (SU) - My card base is Only Orange then I paired it with a layer of Gable Green, Taken with Teal and Whisper White. I stamped the large leaf image several times in those colors and then overlaid it with the Sanded Background stamp in Only Orange ink. I distressed the edges with the Cutter Kit, added a piece of Orange Grosgrain ribbon and 3 Green Galore brads.

For the main focal image in stamped the image first in Green Galore ink, then rock-n-rolled the imaged with the Teal ink and wiped off the pumpkin with a Q-Tip and inked it with an Only Orange marker, huffed on my stamp and then stamped on Whisper White card stock and cut the image out. I then pressed the image on a Versa Mark pad & sprinkled with Glassy Glaze Powder, heated it and repeated those steps about 3 times. Then I put the image in the freezer for 15-20 minutes took it out and bent it to give it a "Cracked Glass" effect. I mounted the image on Only Orange & Taken With Teal card stock & raised it up with Dimensional tape.

I didn't include any sentiment as I figured my partner could either add an Autumn saying or a Halloween saying of her choice.

2 comments:

  1. Such a darling card! LOVe the colors and layout! Fantastic! LOVE your new banner picture too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! You're right--the colors do look good together even though you might not think they would. The cracked glass panel on the front is a great detail.

    ReplyDelete