WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 20, 2007

Sun Ripened Thanks


I was asked to make a card to send to the company my husband works for (Opp & Seibold Construction) as a thank you for the use of their facility. We are part of a new church planting project and have been attending meetings at their building on Sunday afternoons now for about 4 months.

In October the church will be starting regular services under the name, Vineyard Christian Fellowship. It's going to be an exciting time and I am thrilled about being a part of the founding members.

For my card I chose to use Sun Ripened II since it had an image of Grapes in it. I thought that was fitting for the new church and it's name. The grapes were colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with Gamsol. I highlighted them with Frosted Lace Stickles and also stamped the speckles from Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Bashful Blue ink. I added punched out Photo Corners of Wild Wasabi that were ran through the Cuttlebug. The card base is Elegant Eggplant with Whisper White. I then used the Cuttlebug Textile folder (my favorite of all the folders) on some Celery Mulberry paper that I had and layered that to the white card stock with double stick tape. I added 3 purple brads (JoAnn's) and stamped my sentiment, Sincere Salutations in Eggplant ink as well. Then I attached a piece of Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon. The grape image was raised up with dimensional tape. I also distressed the edges of the white card stock with the Cutter kit.
The card itself looks a lot brighter in real life but it was hard getting a decent scan.
Also if anyone out there is interested in designing & making a banner with a Vineyard theme would you please e-mail me so we could discuss this. We would like to put some banners up in the building to help make it look nice for our services. I did some research on Banners & they are pretty costly. Since we are just a brand new congregation funds are rather limited so we are hoping to find something fairly cost effective and yet nice at the same time. - Ida

No comments:

Post a Comment