WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Apr 8, 2008

You Quack Me Up





I belong to this really fun group called, Stamp Girls Gone Wild (doesn't that just conjure up all kinds of fun stuff!) We're actually a group of stampers that are not dedicated to just "one" stamp company meaning that our cards can use stamps and supplies from any company we choose.


Our first 2 swaps have been Mystery Image swaps. What this means is that one person picks out an image and sends it to everyone who signed up for the swap. We are then assigned a partner and send our card to that person. All the cards are then posted in a file for everyone to see what we all did with the same image.


Our first image was a Gnome sent out by our Moderator (Kerry) and the card I did for my partner for that swap is found here: http://faithartistry.blogspot.com/2008/03/roaming-gnome.html There were some really great entries for that challenge.


I asked if I could pick out the next image for another Mystery Image swap. I had my new kitten (Callie-Jo) help me out by looking at stamps from http://www.addictedtorubberstamps.com/ and then we settled on this adorable Duck image from http://www.hambostamps.com/ . It was new and I thought it was just to cute to pass up, Callie-Jo agreed with me.

I wanted a cute saying to go with my duck and picked out the (You Quack Me Up) sentiment made by Penny Black at addictedtorubberstamps. I must say here that both places have excellent Customer Service and I highly recommend shopping with both companies.

For my card base I chose: Only Orange (SU) card stock stamped with the Sanded Background in OO ink. My color inspiration was taken from this FUN piece of Designer Paper (Oh Baby!Boy - Garic by Basic Grey) I also added a small strip of Apricot Appeal that I ran through the Cuttlebug using my Swiss Dot Embossing Folder and a piece of Orange Rickrack (JoAnn Craft Essentials). I embossed the sentiment with Bold Black EP (SU) added a cloth brad (not sure of source) and a Felt Flower (Queen and Company).

I colored the duck image with Prisma Colored Pencils blended with Gamsol. Then I added Lemonade Yellow Fun Flock (Stampendous) using a glue pen to the duck and let it dry. I also added Crystal Effects to the mud pond. I used a Scalloped Square Punch (Marvy) to punch out my image an mounted it to Green Galore(SU) card stock and Textured Lavender CS (Bazzill) and added 4 tiny green brads (Queen and Company) then mounted the image with foam dimensional tape to complete my card.

The card measures 5 1/4 by 5 1/4" - I really had fun with this card and my partner loved it so I am very happy with how this turned out.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card Ida! I love what you did with the duck, and the sentiment is perfect. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete