WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Feb 5, 2010

BC137 - Red Bird

Hey it's Friday!  We all know by now that means it's time for the Blogger Challenge of the week.  This week is a color scheme challenge...Red, Black and White.  This happens to be one of my favorite color combo's.  I always find these 3 colors to be very striking to look at.

My card this week features absolutely NO stamping at all.  Instead I chose to use my new bird punch from SU as the focal point of my card. 

The details are pretty much self explanatory so I'll just list the card ingredients and you can figure the rest out.  If you have questions you can always email me.

Don't forget to click on the Blogger Icon on my sidebar to check out the other members blogs to see their creations using this color scheme.

Card Stock: Basic Black, Real Red
Designer Paper, Flower pattern by Doodlebug design.  Dotted pattern (source unknown)
Punches by SU - Bird Punch and Scallop border
Chilli Heart Sprinkles and Black Current Sprinkle from Annabelle Stamps
Red Ribbon - Offray
Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Provo Craft)
Foam Mounting tape.

32 comments:

  1. Super cute...love that new bird punch and the b/w patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking, love how birds wing matches your DSP panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida...oohhh love this card. It is so very rich and elegant. I really like the sketch you used.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, it's funny, I love red, black & white but I never use it. I may have to challenge myself.

    This is gorgeous and no stamping...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours and the layout...the bird is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where to start!!?? I really love this.. The new punches the cute heart brads, you did a great job and I love that theres no stamping! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh - so VERY cute! Love the bird with the DSP wing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the small details you used - embossing folder background, the scalloped punches and the dew drops -- really complete the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No stamping? Oh so clever! Great creation...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh is this ADORABLE! I love the bird- the DP you chose and the Dew Drop Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this color combo -- So striking and eye-catching! FAB card!!! I just ordered that little birdie, he should be flying my way soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderful card! I LOVE the patterned paper wing! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CUTE card! love the bird design - I have got to get that punch out and USE it! HA!
    Sorry for all your rain, I'll trade ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I love the bird in these colors--and the scallop border is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowza, this is a striking card. I love your bird and the scallop trim. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card- so pretty- this bird punch is backordered....Boo! Pretty use of the scallop border punch too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Ida, I luv how you put the card together, it's really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is absolutely gorgeous! I really love the colors! You did fabulous job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is truly delightful Ida! That sweet, little bird is just perfect with this color combination! Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ida, what a gorgeous card you've made. So striking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute, Ida! Love the bird's contrasting patterned wing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Uh oh...now you are the enabler girl...great great card and I must get that SU punch!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute card Ida!!! Love the bird!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ida, I LOVE it. Love that you used yur pattern paper to make the birds wings. Wahoooo. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Ida! Stunning card. Love those sprinkles too - what a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty...love the layout..and the scallops. {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  27. this is really a pretty card ida, I love the bird branch and punch. just ordered mine cant wait to get it. we had 24" of snow today in pittsburgh. so I spent the day making cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Simply pretty! Love the birdy and this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  29. GREAT card--love the bird!
    Glad you got to play--sorry to be leaving my comment so late!
    hugs, nola

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous Ida! Love the colour combo, and the paper just looks fabulous!
    Andrea
    x

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a great card Ida. Love the color combo... that border punch and the bird are my fav right now. :o)

    ReplyDelete